GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > SIM Solution Products > R-SIM & GEVEY SIM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 13:39   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2111248
Thanks Meter: 0
iphone 4s jailbroken apn keeps resetting rsim 9 pro

Hi , i have a iphone 4s verizon cdma jailbroken and i am using a rsim 9 pro to make and receive calls . i have been a been able to use the internet on edge by changing the apn settings to my sim providers details , but the apn changes back to default within 24 hours sometimes less ..
i read somewhere that i need to change .plist or something but i am a newbie and dont know where to begin ..
Thanks
Old 01-21-2014, 19:32   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1938435
Thanks Meter: 208
Donate money to this user
I had a similar problem, but APN kept changing to blank default after switching .plists.

You have to be very careful with Verizon data settings because Verizon has pushed a 15.6 OTA update while all other carriers are still using 15.5. You should be able to change the version to 18.0 to avoid any OTA carrier updates in the future with commcenter patch. I'm still trying to figure out the exact overlay file to change.

Firstly, get rid of your R-SIM 9 and order a GPP or R-SIM Air for 4S to enable 3G with jailbroken settings. I sell those if you are in the USA for $13.

You can use the following procedure to keep your APN settings instead of live.vodafone.com and maybe get 3G with R-SIM 9, but in my limiting testing, R-SIM 9 only gave Edge unless I used a 2G SIM card(ironically, 2G SIM cards provide 3G with R-SIM, but 3G/LTE SIM cards only provide 2G/Edge data with R-SIM except R-SIM Air for 4S).

First, open Cydia, search for iFile, and install iFile.

Now this part I'm not 100% sure about as I've only done about 4 Verizon 4S unlocks compared to the others. I think it only doesn't work if you took the Verizon OTA update to 15.6. If you did, I recommend you restore, so that carrier shows Verizon 15.5 or vf nl 15.5 instead of vf nl 15.6 in settings, general, about.

You should be in the /var/mobile folder when you open iFile. Click on Carrier Bundles and iPhone. Now you should see 2 symbolic links and the vodafone.nl folder. Click on the (i) next to the file(20404). On the 3rd line for "Link target," change that to Unknown.bundle. Now restart your iPhone. You should have blank APN settings, Proceed with entering them as normal, but do not update carrier settings at any time or you will go to vf nl 15.6. I'm gonna work on blocking this update today by changing the overlay .plist.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SIMTester For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2014, 19:49   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1938435
Thanks Meter: 208
Donate money to this user
I made a mistake. The folder should be /var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/20404 instead of /var/mobile/Carrier Bundles...
The alternate directory is /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/20404.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SIMTester For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2014, 21:00   #4 (permalink)

Thank you , i will try and let you know .
Old 01-22-2014, 08:55   #5 (permalink)

hi simtester , yes the phone is showing vf nl 15.6 ..so should i not edit yet?..
also how do i change the carrier bundle as you said to 18.0? sorry i dont know how.
thanks
Old 02-25-2014, 03:57   #6 (permalink)

Member: 2054578
Thanks Meter: 1
same here? any solution?