GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > SIM Solution Products > R-SIM & GEVEY SIM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 00:15   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1449117
Thanks Meter: 35
iPhone 5 Sprint 3G Working with RSIM + 128K SIM

Hey Everyone,

I got my iPhone 5 Sprint working on 3G Data by messing with it. Not sure if this is old news or new but the service is stable. The only problem I have at this point is that when I turn off the iPhone and turn it back on, it goes to the Activation Screen. I fix this by popping out the tray and putting it back in, this will get me 2G and I use iROSETOOL to force it into 3G again.

All I was hoping for was 2G but I got 3G by..
1. Activating the iPhone with RSIM 7+ and Straight Talk SIM.
2. Jailbreaking
3. Add neterteam iPhone 5 PATCH
4. Add isamteam A + L Patch
5. iRoseTool 3G

It continued showing me activation required but I just popped out the sim and put it back in to get it to go away. I am using a 128k straight talk (AT&T SIM).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alimaxor For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 02-13-2014, 00:27   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Forgot to mention I also installed the RSIM WGSM 3G Patch PROFILE at one point and removed it later.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alimaxor For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2014, 04:01   #3 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 2111654
Thanks Meter: 4
I'm currently attempting this. I will post results after I complete it. Doing a fresh restore.

Attempting on:
  • iPhone 5 Sprint
  • T-Mobile 128k Sim

Current Status: In-Progress
The Following User Says Thank You to itsAirWick For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2014, 04:18   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1938435
Thanks Meter: 208
Donate money to this user
Awesome work. It's like last week when I randomly got the phone to work without R-SIM. I think I fluked it though. This would be awesome for H2O on T-Mobile blocked phones. We can save a lot of people. I'll mess around with my R-SIM 9 later and H2O SIM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SIMTester For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2014, 04:25   #5 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Attempted on:
  • iPhone 5 Sprint
  • T-Mobile 128k Sim
  • R-Sim Mini

Current Status: Gives "No Service"

Steps Taken:

1. Restore iPhone
2. Activate with R-Sim Mini
3. Jailbreak iPhone
4. Download NeterTeam iPhone 5
5. Reboot iPhone
6. Download Packages A & L Patch From isamteam
7. Reboot iPhone
8. Download iRoseTool 3g Patch
9. Force 3g
The Following User Says Thank You to itsAirWick For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2014, 04:30   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Yea, No Service is what it's supposed to do. We got to figure out how to repeat the process above or setup a process for all 128K SIMs. There's a chance it only works on 64K SIMs, but previously, it only worked on the Simple Mobile and TMobile 2G/3G SIMs, not any SIM that supported LTE.

Does the Straighttalk SIM say TF64PSIMxx?
Old 02-13-2014, 04:35   #7 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Oh I see, well it was worth a try. Now I've gotta work on restoring all my Cydia tweaks and apps again.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:29   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMTester View Post
Yea, No Service is what it's supposed to do. We got to figure out how to repeat the process above or setup a process for all 128K SIMs. There's a chance it only works on 64K SIMs, but previously, it only worked on the Simple Mobile and TMobile 2G/3G SIMs, not any SIM that supported LTE.

Does the Straighttalk SIM say TF64PSIMxx?
It does indeed. Does this mean that the straight talk sim card is a 64K? I didn't even know they existed!
Old 02-14-2014, 05:29   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2094769
Thanks Meter: 76
I have tried many sim cards from straight talk and simple mobile believe it or not but not all the times I can get the 3G. I had a customer on Sunday that I had to pull three different cards FROM SIMPLE MOBILE to be able to get him the 3G.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:05   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alimaxor View Post
It does indeed. Does this mean that the straight talk sim card is a 64K? I didn't even know they existed!
Yes, I think all of them are 64K. Awesome work still to make Straighttalk SIMs work with blocked TMobile phones and/or Sprint phones. I tried with H2O last night without any luck. You can activate those SIMs without adding service to show H2O service bars.

I assume those are AT&T and not TMobile ST SIMs. Hard to tell just by looking at them though. I don't even know how to tell when the network connects since all of them show Home or TFW regardless of network.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:47   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Yes, I think all of them are 64K. Awesome work still to make Straighttalk SIMs work with blocked TMobile phones and/or Sprint phones. I tried with H2O last night without any luck. You can activate those SIMs without adding service to show H2O service bars.

I assume those are AT&T and not TMobile ST SIMs. Hard to tell just by looking at them though. I don't even know how to tell when the network connects since all of them show Home or TFW regardless of network.
The only way I can tell is by the color. Pink Straight Talk SIMS are T-Mobile Network, and light blue is AT&T, and RED are CDMA. So here is what happened today....

iPhone 5 Sprint
AT&T Straight Talk SIM64xx
RSIM 7+

I was messing with the phone and realized that my wife's phone was acting up and wasn't receiving any calls. The signal still saying HOME 3G... Outgoing calls/text/data were all working but no incoming calls/text. I realized something was up and took it out, and put it back in with same results.

I realized that in Settings/Cellular anytime I put ON 3G Network or Data Roaming it was going to No Service. Turning ON cellular data, turning off data roaming, 3G Network gave me the 3G now but incoming calls/text failed. I connected to iTunes and updated carrier bundles... was this a mistake?? I believe so because I couldn't get the Straight Talk working on the 7+ any longer!

Tried RSIM 9 PRO, network shot up, stable incoming calls/text, but back on Edge.... going to restore and attempt again. Does this mean that RSIM 7+, 8, 8 GOLD have a potential to getting 3G Data better than Rsim 9 pro?
Old 02-16-2014, 18:22   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

All of the ST SIMs that I have seen recently have been white. I don't think there's any difference other than speed of the chip. Is your data working at all?
Old 02-16-2014, 19:21   #13 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
All of the ST SIMs that I have seen recently have been white. I don't think there's any difference other than speed of the chip. Is your data working at all?
At the time when 3G was working, it was getting sufficient speeds around 4.5 Mb/sec, but now I am getting only 2G and I can't get 3G to work at all even with the SIM64xx sims, have you had any luck?
Old 02-16-2014, 22:46   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I only tested the H2O SIM and gave up quickly because I didn't get any initial results. I haven't been able to sit for a couple hours to test anything without being frustrated. I have a 5C Sprint that I won't even bother with yet.
Old 02-17-2014, 17:45   #15 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 2060476
Thanks Meter: 9
So, no way getting 3G with a 128 k sim, isnt it?