GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > SIM Solution Products > R-SIM & GEVEY SIM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2014, 09:44   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2128143
Thanks Meter: 0
Which R-sim is the best to use with a Sprint 4S 7.04

Hi,

I tried searching and did not see which current R-sim would be the best for a Sprint 4s 7.04 to be used on T-mobile in the US. Please help???

So far I was thinking about purchasing the R-sim pro 9? And yes I am going to get it from rsimmart but i am very confuse.

Thanks for your help!!!
Old 02-14-2014, 10:21   #2 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1978171
Thanks Meter: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntrogue View Post
Hi,

I tried searching and did not see which current R-sim would be the best for a Sprint 4s 7.04 to be used on T-mobile in the US. Please help???

So far I was thinking about purchasing the R-sim pro 9? And yes I am going to get it from rsimmart but i am very confuse.

Thanks for your help!!!

the best one is rsim mini because it is the newest and it is upgradable
The Following User Says Thank You to dad0 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2014, 17:02   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1938435
Thanks Meter: 208
Donate money to this user
No, the Mini & R-SIM X don't support 3G/4G data except with old SIM cards.

Get R-SIM Air if My Number is Unknown. Get GPP if My Number has a number. Make sure to choose Mode2 3G on R-SIM Air and jailbreak. Add Source cydia.neterteam.com and install 4S Neterteam iOS 7 patch. There are more detailed instructions if you are good with phones/apps to make it perfect for TMobile.

RSIMMart have very poor customer service and will steal your money if they feel like it. I can send you GPP or R-SIM if you're in the US for a good price or you can buy from eBay.
The Following User Says Thank You to SIMTester For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2014, 17:34   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2094769
Thanks Meter: 76
I think that rsim mini is the best for many reasons
1- you still be able to use the same original sim tray on the iphone while the other you have to use a different sim tray
2-if a new ios comes out then with rsim mini you can update the chip and you will not lose your unlock
3-it works as well for 3G using the right sim card.
4-it has the carrier luck so you do not have to re do the setting if you change sim card
and it the latest product with the latest sim application from the rsim
so go for the rsim mini plus since it's the best out there.
The Following User Says Thank You to futur For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2014, 19:21   #5 (permalink)

Member: 2079174
Thanks Meter: 1
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for your help!!!
Get the RSIM Air because it works NOW on the 4S with the least issues.

Don't fall into the trap of getting the "newest" since it doesn't work right anyways. Being upgradeable is a false sense of security since there's no guarantee Rsim will ever give you a free upgrade or support it at all next month. And you also have to buy the programmer. You can use cheap generic phoenix programmers, but it's still not free.

And the Rsim Mini is going for an added 50-100% the price of the Air right now. That coupled with the fact you MUST cut your sim down to nano size to use it in the 4S means there's no advantage.

Just ask all the folks who got the RSIM Mini, only for RSIM to release the RSIM Mini+ a couple of months later. I'm sure they're happy about that.
The Following User Says Thank You to occams_razor For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2014, 12:27   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by occams_razor View Post
Get the RSIM Air because it works NOW on the 4S with the least issues.

Don't fall into the trap of getting the "newest" since it doesn't work right anyways. Being upgradeable is a false sense of security since there's no guarantee Rsim will ever give you a free upgrade or support it at all next month. And you also have to buy the programmer. You can use cheap generic phoenix programmers, but it's still not free.

And the Rsim Mini is going for an added 50-100% the price of the Air right now. That coupled with the fact you MUST cut your sim down to nano size to use it in the 4S means there's no advantage.

Just ask all the folks who got the RSIM Mini, only for RSIM to release the RSIM Mini+ a couple of months later. I'm sure they're happy about that.
Just to a correct you on everything you have said above:
1- rsim mini + has a free software on the rsim website.
2-rsim mini + comes with one time free upgrade codes.
3-rsim mini + is the latest product from rsim mini
4- I have installed over 50 of them for my customers and they work like a champ.
The Following User Says Thank You to futur For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2014, 17:13   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by futur View Post
Just to a correct you on everything you have said above:
1- rsim mini + has a free software on the rsim website.
2-rsim mini + comes with one time free upgrade codes.
3-rsim mini + is the latest product from rsim mini
4- I have installed over 50 of them for my customers and they work like a champ.

Uh, I don't see how you corrected *everything* I said.

1. You still need to buy a programmer on top of what the RSIM Mini/Mini+ costs. RSIM is not giving free programmers out to end users. Maybe you can swing a deal and get a free one if you buy MANY as a dealer. But if you're not a reseller, you can't justify that. If you want an "official" programmer it costs just as much if not more than the RSIM Mini that you're trying to bugfix. What a ridiculously rotten deal that is!
2. The RSIM mini STILL costs significantly more in single piece and multiple piece quantities.
3. RSIM is historically like all interposer makers horrible at end user support and the last update for the RSIM mini is from fricken december of last year! Even before the release of the IOS7 jailbreak. Relying on support from RSIM is just plain stupid in the long term. And they're still charging for future updates beyond the first.
4. And you STILL need to cut down your sim to nano for the 4s. RSIM couldn't even make a micro size version of this for how much it costs?

Last edited by occams_razor; 02-15-2014 at 17:19. Reason: fixed date
Old 02-15-2014, 19:53   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Please stop bringing this thing with buying programmer since this is not true and I hope the below link will shed some light for you since it includes the software you need to update your chip, oh it has a video on how to do it as well :

RSIM 9 PRO mini air,R-SIM8+,SAMSIM,3G,R-SIM5+,R-SIM6,RSIM5+,RSIM6,RSIM7,R-SIM7+?Unlock,iPhone5,iPhone4S,Firmware,Any version, No jailbreak
Old 02-16-2014, 01:34   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Please stop bringing this thing with buying programmer since this is not true and I hope the below link will shed some light for you since it includes the software you need to update your chip, oh it has a video on how to do it as well :

The cost of a USB programmer is a valid point. How the hell are you supposed to program the thing without a programmer? That programming dongle costs just as much as the RSIM Mini.

I don't see how you can deny that the dongle costs end users money. Is that programmer supposed to magically appear out of thin air when you want to upgrade the firmware?

I repeat, the USB programmer is NOT free. This sort of misinformation is ridiculous.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:19   #10 (permalink)

Member: 2128143
Thanks Meter: 0
Thank you for all your input. I think I will get the rsim air , since I don't want to spend more money on the mini + ubs thing.
Old 02-16-2014, 14:37   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Thank you for all your input. I think I will get the rsim air , since I don't want to spend more money on the mini + ubs thing.
Ok but keep in mind that next month or so apple will come with a new ios which means you will be stock with the one you have for your life time.
Good luck.
Old 02-16-2014, 14:41   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by occams_razor View Post
The cost of a USB programmer is a valid point. How the hell are you supposed to program the thing without a programmer? That programming dongle costs just as much as the RSIM Mini.

I don't see how you can deny that the dongle costs end users money. Is that programmer supposed to magically appear out of thin air when you want to upgrade the firmware?

I repeat, the USB programmer is NOT free. This sort of misinformation is ridiculous.
That thing called updater dongle just to be on the same page. and yes you have to pay for it but you will have the advantage of being on latest ios and never lose your unlock.
Old 02-16-2014, 17:16   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok but keep in mind that next month or so apple will come with a new ios which means you will be stock with the one you have for your life time.
Good luck.
"for your life time?" What? I should be upset that I'll still be using an Iphone 4s and Ios 7.04 when I'm 90 years old or something!

Your phone and IOS version is not like your brain. You'll change it soon enough. And for the cost of the programmer and Rsim Mini you're looking at around $35+. The cost of the Rsim Air is like $10. When IOS 7.10 is released in the next couple of months, just buy a new updated RSIM Air+ or whatever they'll call it like for what? $10?

Or better yet, when you've finally become fed up with RSIM's antics and lack of support, go get an X-Sim or Falwok and you're still less than the initial cost of the RSIM Mini that you wish you'd never bought.

Buying the RSIM Air now you still come out ahead. Buying for future upgradeability is a false economy for the end user.
Old 02-16-2014, 17:19   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
That thing called updater dongle just to be on the same page. and yes you have to pay for it but you will have the advantage of being on latest ios and never lose your unlock.
The term "programmer" isn't a mystery except for you apparently. Did you think it was paying a small asian man coming to your house to update the firmware on your RSIM Mini or something? RSIM can call it an "update dongle" all they want, but it just your typical phoenix (serial) sim programmer that RSIM charges more for.
Old 02-16-2014, 20:47   #15 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1449117
Thanks Meter: 35
Quote:
Good luck.
What I don't get (correct me if I am wrong) is how is the dougle work anyway? The RSIM 7+ which states it only works for iOS 5/6 works on the latest iOS 7.0.4 without any sort of updater or package.

If it's updating the supported SIMS that come out then I understand, but if you're going to be sticking with one SIM and not planning on switching or upgrading, your best bet is either GPP/RSIM Air (mircro size) or RSIM 7+ (nano size) and unlock it. It's practical/cheap.

However, I can understand if your running a business and you have customers coming in saying "Oh I upgraded" you don't want to be charging them the full amount. So the upgrader would be beneficial at that point.