GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > SIM Solution Products > R-SIM & GEVEY SIM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 08:05   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2111756
Sonork: jimmykiddd00
Thanks Meter: 1
R-sim mini or r-sim 9 pro? Please HELP

hey guys,

Just came back from Japan with a factory reset Iphone 5s locked to KDDI Japan. After searching on the internet of ways to unlock it I came across R-Sim. I bought R-sim mini and I was able to go past the activation screen and was able to use the wifi internet but that was all. When I inserted the ATT card which Im planning to use in US it tells me that there is no service. Does anybody know how can I unlock this phone with R-sim? I just need to call and text with it. I'm a beginner and never used r-sim before...

Does R-sim mini work for this phone or should I buy r-sim 9 pro??? Please guide me and help me out by providing steps or tutorials on how to unlock my phone. THank you
Old 01-22-2014, 08:18   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 548443
Thanks Meter: 70
Arrow

Hi,
Just use your Wifi on the phone and download Irose from the R-Sim Website. Install this Irose on the iphone;open it and click on force 2g.
turn off the phone and restart it. Signal will come.

But better post this in the R-Sim Forum.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:58   #3 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 2111654
Thanks Meter: 4
Hi, seeing that it's a CDMA iPhone 5s (I Believe). You can try this method that I messed around with that enabled it to work.

THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEED FIX. It fixed my problem for No Service.

iPhone MUST be jailbroken for this.

1. Make sure you're on the original R-Sim 9 Pro setting for your iPhone. (Settings > Phone > Sim Configuration > (CDMA iPhone) > i5s)

2. Restart your iPhone

3. Go to Cydia and add the source isamteam (dot) com

4. Download A:R-SIM iOS 7 5s/5c/5

5. Open R-Sim (On your home screen)

6. Click WCDMA 3G and install the profile

7. Restart your iPhone

This is how I was able to get T-Mobile to show up and Edge speeds to start as well. If that doesn't work, also install iR0seSim and force 2g after this is complete.