GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > GSM Programming & Reverse Engineering

GSM Programming & Reverse Engineering Here you can post all Kind of GSM Programming and Reverse Engineering tools and Secrets.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2003, 07:42   #16 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 22528
Thanks Meter: 0

Quote:
Originally posted by Woudu
I tried using gammu,
but it seems to have a problem decoding
'PROVIDE LOCAL INFORMATION' with command details 'Network Measurement results'.
I receive a correct reply from my mobile (Siemens ME45). But gammu exits with an error message:
[ERROR 16: Function not supported by phone.]
Can you send me mail with log from command:
gammu textall --siemensnetmonitor ?
I will try fix gammu source and i will send patch for you.

Quote:
Nevertheless, this message does not contain any kind of cell identifiers in common with current and neighbouring cells.
Is it possible to get the BCCH-FREQ of the current cell?
For Siemens mobile (using Sim Aplication Toolkit command) is not possible obtain information about frequency of the current cell.

Quote:
In my application I store some data for every cell. I need this info for every ncell and my current cell.
When I read the information out of the database, I need an index or identifier of the cells, which is unique and available for current and neighbouring cells.
What can be used as an index?
It would be best, to describe every cell using CH, CI and LAI value, but It is problem, that AT commands will read only CI and LAI of the current cell, and commandoes SAT will read only CH of neighbouring cells.
Old 08-19-2003, 16:37   #17 (permalink)

Member: 37226
Thanks Meter: 0
I am an ammateur VB programmer and would like to ask for your help with regard to SAT.

I understand that with Siemens mobile phones and using AT commands, I can interface with the SAT menus on my mobile phone. So far I've browsed through the GSM 11.14 specs and read about the SIM commands but I am still confused on how to use them?

Can you tell me how I can choose a menu item by sending AT commands from my PC?

Can you tell me how I can pass input to the SAT application? (For example, if the SAT application asks me for my age, how do I pass on that data to the application?)

Can I use a Smar Card reader to view the menu's and the application on the SIM?

Thanks. I would be very grateful if you could spend a few minutes answering these questions.

Best Regards,
James Guiab
Philippines