GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 5 / iPhone 5S / iPhone 5C / iPhone SE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2014, 11:47   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1593776
Thanks Meter: 2
iphone 5 touch sensitivity poor on 1st boot

hi i was given a iphone5 to fix with poor battery broken buttons and a broken screen after replacing all the parts it seems to work fine however if i turn it off for a long amount of time say 12hrs then on 1st boot the touch sensitivity is poor for about 5mins then it works fine again

i have tried 3 screens and even my own apple screen with same results its worse on the right side scrolling down shows dead spots and pings back up
on the keyboard (p) is a pain to work etc but after 5mins its fine

also i have cleaned and cleanded the pins and even used a black pad from a 3gs digitzer to make sure its fitted snug updated it to ios8 gold master incase it was a bug in ios7 but nothing helped

is this just a common thing with the iphone5? i guess if its dead so you charge it the chance is you wouldnt even know unless you try and txt p within 5mins of it being on
Old 09-13-2014, 12:14   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2073663
Thanks Meter: 0
buy new touch and word on it
Old 09-13-2014, 13:23   #3 (permalink)

Member: 1593776
Thanks Meter: 2
i dont think its the touch screen as ive had the same results with 3 screens plus my own 100% apple screen that i know is good!
it seems pointless to keep opening it up and swapping screens cleaning pins etc i have done this so many times now all it will lead to is damage to the flex and a waste of a perfectly good screen

i just wanted to know if this is a bug that others have had when the phone is first turned on from being off along time... its weird once its on i can reboot it over and over again and the touch stays fine plus it will stay fine unless its been turned off for many hours like over night! even then the error is only really noticeable if you use the keyboard as soon as its turned on as it only effects small keys on the right side like (p)

so yh if i was to turn this phone on put it in my pocket then reply to a txt 5mins later with pppppppppppppppppp i wouldnt even know it had a problem but now i have noticed it its buging me