GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 2 / iPhone 3G / iPhone 3GS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 06:33   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1142641
Sonork: -
Thanks Meter: 0
Help Me Guys..My iphone won't boot after update applications in cydia...

after update some applications in cydia, he asked me to reboot the device, and I did it. After that my iphone won’t boot. it just when I turn it on show me the apple logo for 10 seconds and then it turn off again. That’s it… I can’t do anything else…

I tried to put it in the DFU mode , and into Recovery mode(I did it) to restore it to 3.1.2 … but Itunes refuse the restore operation and it gave me (Error 3014)… Also, I tried to jailbreak it(maybe it would works) but also nothing new…

The Iphone is 3GS and I think it does have 3.1.2 , cause it’s my friend iphone not mine…

Please Guys I really need your help… Thanks a lot…
Old 04-06-2010, 06:40   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 897494
Sonork: 100.1581481
Thanks Meter: 1,102
To restore an iPhone 3GS, you need a signed firmware file. Folks at BigBoss are reporting that Apple has stopped signing iPhone OS 3.1.2 from today, which means that iPhone 3GS users cannot restore using iPhone 3.1.2 or older firmware files. They can only restore using iPhone 3.1.3 firmware file.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:16   #3 (permalink)

So, what can I do right now ... Please don't tell me that I have to restore it to 3.1.3 firmware...

I have a couple of questions:

1) Is there is a way to restore it to 3.1.2 offline ??

2) And about my problem, what do actually happened to my iphone ?? why this happened?? is the only solution is to restore the firmware ??

3) If I have to restore it to 3.1.3 firmware... Does this firmware jailbreaked now ?? cause my iphone is officially unlocked but I need to jailbreak it...

4) How about my contact and messages on the iphone , can I get it it back ??

Sorry for my alot of questions... cause i'm confused right now and I don't know what to do with my iphone..

Thanks alot.......
Old 04-06-2010, 09:18   #4 (permalink)

I forgot something... I heard that there is a software called iRecovery can help with recover the firmware... is it helpful with my situation ??
Old 04-06-2010, 13:08   #5 (permalink)

up up up.......................
Old 04-06-2010, 15:11   #6 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 950074
Thanks Meter: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q8_Legend View Post
So, what can I do right now ... Please don't tell me that I have to restore it to 3.1.3 firmware...

I have a couple of questions:

1) Is there is a way to restore it to 3.1.2 offline ??

2) And about my problem, what do actually happened to my iphone ?? why this happened?? is the only solution is to restore the firmware ??

3) If I have to restore it to 3.1.3 firmware... Does this firmware jailbreaked now ?? cause my iphone is officially unlocked but I need to jailbreak it...

4) How about my contact and messages on the iphone , can I get it it back ??

Sorry for my alot of questions... cause i'm confused right now and I don't know what to do with my iphone..

Thanks alot.......
Answer
1. you can restore 3.1.2 by this solution http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f456...0000-a-933910/

2. only restore firmware for resolve this problem but i don't know what the wrong in your phone

3. you can use snowbeez or redsnow 0.94 to jailbreak if your 3gs is old bootrom, if new bootrom no solution now.

4.you can get it back if you have backup

BR

yadra
Old 04-06-2010, 16:23   #7 (permalink)

Member: 11150
Thanks Meter: 1
i think that you have a tethered jailbreaked iphone. This means you will need to connect the iPhone 3GS to the computer each time you wish to restart the device. you will need to reconnect it to the computer and use the jailbreak software which was used on this iphone in the past (before the boot phase) to boot it.
Old 04-06-2010, 17:14   #8 (permalink)

Member: 11150
Thanks Meter: 1
what's a tethered jailbreak

So, what's a tethered jailbreak?

A tethered jailbreak is a jailbreak which leaves the jailbroken phone unable to boot without the help of a computer. Any time such a phone is completely powered off, restarted (for instance after installing certain jailbreak apps) or its battery dies, it must be plugged into a computer and the jailbreaking application must be re-run to get it past the Apple logo boot screen. Such a phone does not lose its jailbreak, and all customizations will be preserved, but the phone will not be able to boot past the Apple logo screen on its own.

Why do some phones only support a tethered jailbreak?

That requires a little more explanation. Every iPhone has a chip in it which contains a tiny program called iBoot. iBoot is the phone's bootloader, the program that tells the phone how to load the operating system. During this process, iBoot checks the OS to make sure that it is the official version provided by Apple. If it is not the correct version (for example, because it has been modified by a jailbreak), it will normally refuse to boot your phone.

Clever hackers discovered a weakness in iBoot (which they called the 24kpwn hack) that allowed them to inject their own code into iBoot to bypass this security check and boot a jailbroken version of the OS that iBoot normally would not boot. Basically, by crashing iBoot at a certain point in the boot process, they could inject 24kb of their own code and iBoot would think it was perfectly normal. This code disabled the security check, and it was the only known way of getting a jailbroken iPhone to boot itself.

As of sometime in October, Apple started shipping iPhones with a new version of iBoot. This new version patched the 24kpwn hack, meaning we lost our only known way of modifying iBoot so that it can boot a modified version of the OS. It is still possible to use a computer to bypass iBoot, but one can't convince iBoot to bypass itself. This is why the new iPhones can have only a tethered jailbreak.

Does my phone have the new version of iBoot?

There are ways to check. If your iBoot version is 359.3, then you can have an untethered jailbreak (whether on 3.1.2 or any other version of the OS); if it is 359.3.2 or 359.3-2 you cannot, at least not now.

If you are considering buying a new or used 3GS and cannot find out the iBoot version, you should at least check the 4th and 5th digits of the serial number, which represent the week of manufacture. For our purposes, the lower this number is, the better. Because different plants began using the new version of iBoot at different times, there is no firm rule for which phones will be safe; in general, however, a phone manufactured in week 36 or earlier will have an untethered jailbreak, 37-40 is iffy, and 41 and higher will almost certainly be tethered. These rules do not apply to re-manufactured phones, which are given new serial numbers but which have older components and may have the older version of iBoot.

Can I still jailbreak my phone?

Yes, all iPhones are jailbreakable. The tethered jailbreak is more a problem of inconvenience, since you might occasionally be stuck without a phone until you can reach a computer. The good news is that the iPhone is designed to run without rebooting or completely powering off under normal use; some people go weeks without the need to restart their phone. Only you can decide whether the advantages of a jailbreak outweigh the inconvenience of being tethered, however.

Will there ever be an untethered jailbreak again?

Ever is a very long time and iPhone hackers are brilliant, so it is always possible that a solution will be found. Right now, though, there is no prospect for a new iBoot hack, and it is therefore impossible to predict when or even if one will be found. For now you should assume that any phone with the new iBoot is not untetherable.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:36   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 139167
Thanks Meter: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q8_Legend View Post
after update some applications in cydia, he asked me to reboot the device, and I did it. After that my iphone won’t boot. it just when I turn it on show me the apple logo for 10 seconds and then it turn off again. That’s it… I can’t do anything else…

I tried to put it in the DFU mode , and into Recovery mode(I did it) to restore it to 3.1.2 … but Itunes refuse the restore operation and it gave me (Error 3014)… Also, I tried to jailbreak it(maybe it would works) but also nothing new…

The Iphone is 3GS and I think it does have 3.1.2 , cause it’s my friend iphone not mine…

Please Guys I really need your help… Thanks a lot…

Pay for a professional at next time xD
Old 04-07-2010, 06:35   #10 (permalink)

Thanks to all of u Guys...

I did it, and restore my iphone to 3.1.2 using yadra specified method (ECID)... my problem was in win 7... In XP, everything went just fine

Thanks to all of u again