GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > HTC > HTC & PDA WM( With Touchscreen)

HTC & PDA WM( With Touchscreen) HTC, I-mate, Qtek, HP, Hitachi, and many other Pocket PC windows CE base devices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2006, 18:53   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 84100
Thanks Meter: 69

How to upgrade the Operating System of your i-mate™ JAM
Device
1. Prior to upgrading the operating system of your JAM, ensure all data is backed up either using
Activesync or the Permanent Save program in your JAM (Under Start -> Settings -> System).
The i-mate™ support team is available if you have any problems doing this. REMEMBER
THAT THE UPGRADE PROCESS OVERWRITES ALL DATA CURRENTLY ON YOUR
DEVICE.
2. Switch on the JAM and connect to your PC via the USB lead. The PC should make a sound to
indicate the connection and the following message should appear. Press cancel to stop
Activesync.

3. If this doesn’t happen, check the connection settings for Activesync by right-clicking the
Activesync icon in the bottom right of the screen and ensure the USB tick-box is ticked.
Also check that the Activesync version is up to date (Version 3.7.1 at time of writing).
If this is still correct, perform a hard restart of your JAM, by holding the power button and
pressing the reset button using the stylus. ENSURE ALL DATA IS BACKED UP BEFORE
YOU DO THIS.

4. Having pressed cancel in (2), you should get the following message. Press OK

5. This will leave you in this state.

6. Now double click the .exe RUU upgrade application application.

7. This should now take you through the install procedure. In our experience, the device can be left
connected and no reset is required. Press Next.

8. You see the following window. Before pressing Update, ensure the power lead is connected
that the next 10-20minutes will be uninterupted. (Sound of USB disconnecting.)

9. You will now see the 3 stages of screens indicating the device is being upgraded.

10. Finally you are offered the finishing screen. The reboot process first installs the new operating
system, followed by an automatic reboot to take on the new settings. During the reboot process,
ensure the date and time are set accurately, as some applications rely on this being correct. Any
required changes to date and currency formats can be made in Start -> Settings ->System ->
Regional Settings. You will also have to restore your contacts, appointments and operator’s
settings such as GPRS connection details and contacts (e.g. from Activesync or Permanent
Save).

Mr/konsowa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (149.9 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (66.6 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (53.3 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (78.1 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (158.4 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (145.4 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (66.4 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (143.2 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by essojay; 04-27-2006 at 17:01.
Old 06-04-2006, 20:52   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 258749
Thanks Meter: 10
Nice Job

It's a great Job Is it the same way 4 K-JAM and other all windows based mobile phones
Old 03-19-2008, 08:57   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 135718
Thanks Meter: 5
mt k-jam version is 000000 whn i try to upgrad it stop at 7 or 6%n says reset ur k-jam n contect again i did many times but still hava problem cant upgrad ma k-jam n network gone