GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Xiaomi > Xiaomi Hardware Repair

Xiaomi Hardware Repair General Xiaomi phones discussion, firmwares, solution, help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2018, 06:52   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2859286
Thanks Meter: 0
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (MTK) won't turn on

Hi guys,

Phone - Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, MTK Helio X20, 64GB+3GB, global version.

My phone stopped working few days ago - took it out of the pocket and it had turned off.

I can't turn it on - there are no vibrations, no sounds, nothing when I press the power button.
It does not react to charging, i.e., LEDs don't turn on when connecting to the charger.
PC (Windows 10) doesn't see it when connecting to USB.

I've removed the back cover. Battery seems to be fine - I can measure 4.2V on the main board when battery is connected (no voltage in that point when battery is disconnected). Also, main board receives voltage from USB - there was some point where I could measure 5V when connected to USB (and no voltage, when disconnected).

I've dropped it on the floor few times in the past, but not recently.
I highly doubt that it could be related to moisture.

Any hints what could be wrong with it?