GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Bluetooth > Bluetooth-Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2005, 06:21   #1 (permalink)
Lum

Member: 145690
Thanks Meter: 0
Patching the Widcomm stack at install time without safe mode can be done

Apologies if this has already been covered before, but I've been playing with the Widcomm installer as I hate having to go into safe mode, and discovered that it seems to have a mechanism in place for us to install cracked files automatically.

I have tested this using the EPOX 1.2.4.10 drivers for my non-Epox dongle and it appears to work.

In the install folder, you will find a file called SVCPACK.INI. This file can be configured to copy additional files to various locations, and also run applications during install. I've put together a demo here, you'll need to rename it from SVCPACK.TXT to SVCPACK.INI and copy it, along with the cracked files into the SVCPACK folder.

Unfortunately Widcomm 4 doesn't work on my laptop so I've not been able to test it. I'm sure someone can give it a try. The ini file is well documented and the installer is the same.
Attached Files
File Type: txt SVCPACK.TXT (1.8 KB, 2093 views)
Old 06-16-2005, 04:41   #2 (permalink)

Member: 153769
Okay trying now so just to confirm, I replace it before I install in the folder created after file extraction. Also how do I know it doesnt work? Will it reject the file exchange?
Old 06-16-2005, 14:31   #3 (permalink)

Member: 153628
Thanks Meter: 1
Okay, it works well. I did mine on Widcomm 4 version. The only extension to make in the file is that all the numbers under the "SourcenameX" (X is 1,2,3,...) must be the same in each category (see example below). So this mean you can put firmware upgrade file here too. This is a part of them took from Hp/Compaq SVCPACK on forcing firmware upgrade after installation of Widcomm...

SourceName2=hp-t19a.dfu
DestinationName2=frmupgr.dfu
DestinationFolder2=1
DestinationSubFolder2=bin
OS2=15
CopyOnlyIfExists2=Y
Old 06-17-2005, 16:32   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 39443
Thanks Meter: 2
https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/1097243-post.html

Quote:
I have read many posts here which describe complicated modifications that are IMHO not necessary:
Remove the MS Stack: Why? I'm working with both stacks without problems. The only thing I have to do after installing a new Bluetooth device choose the right driver (not the MS one).

Installing Widcomm and replacing files (on XP):
-Unplug the Bluetooth device
-Install Widcomm, don't make a reboot
-Kill the processes BTTray.exe and BTSTAC~1.EXE in the Task manager
-Rename the 4 files to replace to .original
-Copy the patched files to the location
-Reboot

No need for save mode, disabling services, registry patcher,... just the Widcomm Software and patched files.
Old 06-18-2005, 14:38   #5 (permalink)

Member: 154303
This simpler method did work for me initially but not after I upgraded to Widcomm 4.01.1500. Now I have a process btwdins.exe that seems to shut but restarts before I can copy wbtapi.dll although all the other files can be copied after shutting the two processes as you describe.
Old 06-18-2005, 15:27   #6 (permalink)

Ok, let try this one out again. I simply just find the way to attach file here Then, you can get the modified file without effort Here the instruction.... after you extract Widcomm download file to new sub-directory (Mostly Rar can handle that). Get into SVCPACK subdirectory in the installation directory... copy this attacthment file (SVCPACK.txt), change the extension to .INI and all the extracted patched files there... Finally... do installaion... This method is work on any version since it contain the same SVCPACK.... I did mine and every easy to install... not need to kill process... safe mode... and you can do install anytime...
Attached Files
File Type: txt SVCPACK.txt (2.7 KB, 1084 views)
Old 06-22-2005, 01:37   #7 (permalink)
Lum

Member: 145690
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyx
I have read many posts here which describe complicated modifications that are IMHO not necessary:
Remove the MS Stack: Why? I'm working with both stacks without problems. The only thing I have to do after installing a new Bluetooth device choose the right driver (not the MS one).

Installing Widcomm and replacing files (on XP):
-Unplug the Bluetooth device
-Install Widcomm, don't make a reboot
-Kill the processes BTTray.exe and BTSTAC~1.EXE in the Task manager
-Rename the 4 files to replace to .original
-Copy the patched files to the location
-Reboot

No need for save mode, disabling services, registry patcher,... just the Widcomm Software and patched files.
That works too, it all depends on what you want to acheive. If, like me, you keep all your installers and cracks somewhere and install a lot of machines (or just reinstall regularly) then patching your installer will be more convinient in the long run.

Also if the people who do the cracks include an SVCPACK.INI file, then it's simply a case of unraring to the correct place and installing as usual. It's also something you can burn to CD and give to friends and not have them phone you up when they can't figure out how to apply the crack

MrAnthonyWong: This is a modification to the Widcomm installer, so yes you extract your cracked files into the SVCPACK folder and put the SVCPACK.INI file there too, then you run the installer as normal

Satein: Glad you've got it working for the newer versions. Hopefully it is useful for people.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:38   #8 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 151745
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyx
HI BILLYX
THNKYOU FOR UR SUGGESTION. I M NEW TO SUCH THINGS SO KINDLY REPLY MY MESSAGE.IN UR POST YOU HAVE MENTIONEDV RENAMING OF 4 FILES TO .original PLZ TELL ME WHICH ARE THOSE FILES WHERE ARE THEY LOCATED.
THANK U ONCE AGAIN
Old 06-22-2005, 15:45   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVANK
HI BILLYX
THNKYOU FOR UR SUGGESTION. I M NEW TO SUCH THINGS SO KINDLY REPLY MY MESSAGE.IN UR POST YOU HAVE MENTIONEDV RENAMING OF 4 FILES TO .original PLZ TELL ME WHICH ARE THOSE FILES WHERE ARE THEY LOCATED.
THANK U ONCE AGAIN
Hi there, there are 4 files to be take cares. Two of them with dll extension are located in \windows\system32 directory. and the other two with exe extension (BTTray and BTStackServer) are locate in \Program files\Widcomm\Bluetooth Software\bin directory.
Hope this help
Old 06-22-2005, 22:53   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 8396
Thanks Meter: 2
The svcpack.ini works well. Saves the effort of manually rebooting to safe mode and do all patching. For now,it's just one boot and all is good to go.
Old 06-23-2005, 00:25   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 70855
Thanks Meter: 5
...just rename the dll extensions and kill other 2 processess... where is the problem?
Old 06-24-2005, 11:54   #12 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by satein
Ok, let try this one out again. I simply just find the way to attach file here Then, you can get the modified file without effort Here the instruction.... after you extract Widcomm download file to new sub-directory (Mostly Rar can handle that). Get into SVCPACK subdirectory in the installation directory... copy this attacthment file (SVCPACK.txt), change the extension to .INI and all the extracted patched files there... Finally... do installaion... This method is work on any version since it contain the same SVCPACK.... I did mine and every easy to install... not need to kill process... safe mode... and you can do install anytime...
HI SATEIN
I HAVE TRIED UR METHOD BUT I M STILL HAVING LICENSE.DAT PROBLAM
PLEASE HELP BECAUSE NOTHING IS WORKING YAAR
PLZZZZZZ HELP
Old 06-24-2005, 17:18   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVANK
HI SATEIN
I HAVE TRIED UR METHOD BUT I M STILL HAVING LICENSE.DAT PROBLAM
PLEASE HELP BECAUSE NOTHING IS WORKING YAAR
PLZZZZZZ HELP
This is only one suggestion I can see in your problem... Have you loaded the right patched files for the Widcomm? For Licensed.dat problem? Do you get it while being installation? If yes, you have to uninstall the old Widcomm by going to control panel\Add and Remove program... Uninstall the old one there (I got this while trying 4.0.1.2106 but not with others) and then do install the new one. It seems to me that now Broadcomm trying harder to make installer more clever! More check!

Hope this help....
Old 06-28-2005, 10:58   #14 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by satein
This is only one suggestion I can see in your problem... Have you loaded the right patched files for the Widcomm? For Licensed.dat problem? Do you get it while being installation? If yes, you have to uninstall the old Widcomm by going to control panel\Add and Remove program... Uninstall the old one there (I got this while trying 4.0.1.2106 but not with others) and then do install the new one. It seems to me that now Broadcomm trying harder to make installer more clever! More check!

Hope this help....
thank u for ur response
no i didn't get it while instalation,
i have two patched BTTray.exe & wbtapi.dll patched by Billyx
I have done everything plz help
one more important thing i think its important to tell u that my bluetooth hardware is with CSR CHIP & it isntal driver CSR bluetooth drivers
Old 06-30-2005, 11:24   #15 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Hi Satein
No Reply Yaar
What Happened
Plz Reply