GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones Hardware Repair Area > Hardware Repair by brands

Hardware Repair by brands All about hardware problems sorted by brands inside subsections.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2006, 02:21   #166 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 316590
Thanks Meter: 5

PLEASE !!!!...HELP ME !!!!!
GUYS;
I am verry new in job,
and I dont have a knowledge in Electronic,
PLEASE......help me to be competent in the job.
Firstly; I need help in the areas of:
1)how to measure components like.....a)capacitor
B)resistor
C)diod
d)transistor
e) I.C

2)The range of meter to select for each measurements
this is my e-mail [email protected] Your help is urgently needed
send me a mail please.....Thanks
Old 08-02-2006, 04:49   #167 (permalink)
Major Poster

hello guys,
there 3.9v at the power switch (nokia 1100 & nokia 3310)
but is not comming on nor cgarging
please what do I do
please help.
thanks.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:54   #168 (permalink)
Major Poster

please there is nokia 1100 showing headset on the screen,
and its not going.
ear piece,***** piece not working .
please what do I do ?
Old 08-02-2006, 05:01   #169 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 23587
Thanks Meter: 63
Thanks for posting , peraltech

Quote:
Originally Posted by peraltech
PLEASE !!!!...HELP ME !!!!!
GUYS;
I am verry new in job,
and I dont have a knowledge in Electronic,
PLEASE......help me to be competent in the job.
Firstly; I need help in the areas of:
1)how to measure components like.....a)capacitor
B)resistor
C)diod
d)transistor
e) I.C

2)The range of meter to select for each measurements
this is my e-mail [email protected] Your help is urgently needed
send me a mail please.....Thanks
Yes, it is coming very shortly. As you can see in my course contents in the attached document we will be shortly discussing that topic too.

Thanks for posting your request. We need Beginners who ask, who have questions on the Lessions already posted to confirm that they have been following our topics with interest and who also demand newer topics not yet covered here.

peraltech, we would like you to know what exactly you are measuring while testing a component, so that your roots are stronger and you have a solid ground of Electronics Knowledge , agree ?

Today , while reading newspaper, i came across a saying by a great successful man. It reads to mean : "Always Work Cheerfully, Joyfully and Vigorously". He elaborates and explains that he means positively by the word Cheerfully, he means with Initiative by the word Joyfully and lastly he means to do good things or good works in life immediately by the word Vigorously ! Not word to word meanings if you go by dictionary but as he likes to link them !!!!!!!!!!

So dear Beginners, if you have started to learn here, you are Cheerful that you are Positive about picking up right things from here, you are Joyful if you will take the initiative of going thro' all useful posts and lessions again and again till the topics are very clear in your minds and please please please do not hesitate to ask questions . Remember that most of you might be having questions but are feeling shy to post them here, so be bold and post your questions or comments here right now to fulfill your knowledge Bank. You will need to work vigorously in the next Lessions because they will involve practical working with all the Basic Electronic Components and you must be prepared to procure some of this Components and the Multimeter to test them by yourself.
Be Positive, Take Initiative and Start Working Immediately !
Do you Agree that Even the Almighty cannot help those who do not help themselves ?

True that we are not taking a shorter route to teach you. Our course contents are quite Elaborate and extensive because we want you to be real experts in the future. We hope you will have the patience and pursual power to bear with us for whatever we can do here to help SINCERE Beginners.
Attached Files
File Type: doc syllabus for mobile repairing course.doc (21.5 KB, 1354 views)
Old 08-02-2006, 05:01   #170 (permalink)

Member: 292362
Thanks Meter: 0
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to say a thank you to the guys (1amigo, Lucascape, Ajubaba, Sainesh etc) who are helping us understand the basics of mobile phone repairs. Keep it up guys ;-)
Old 08-02-2006, 05:09   #171 (permalink)

Member: 292362
Thanks Meter: 0
1amigo,

Will you be teaching us on water / liquid damaged phones, how to identify when a phone has been imersed in liquid, what the common faults are and how to repair them with step by step instructions using circuit tracing and diagrams. I have come across a few water damaged phones and common faults seem to be unresposive keypad and no backlight on LCD.

Thank you

Kind regards.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:10   #172 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Big Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfc_fan
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to say a thank you to the guys (1amigo, Lucascape, Ajubaba, Sainesh etc) who are helping us understand the basics of mobile phone repairs. Keep it up guys ;-)
Thanks lfc_fan !
We shall be more Happy to clear your doubts if you have any after going thro' any of the Lessions.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:44   #173 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Water / Liquid Damaged Phones

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfc_fan
1amigo,

Will you be teaching us on water / liquid damaged phones, how to identify when a phone has been imersed in liquid, what the common faults are and how to repair them with step by step instructions using circuit tracing and diagrams. I have come across a few water damaged phones and common faults seem to be unresposive keypad and no backlight on LCD.

Thank you

Kind regards.
As you are having quite a number of water damaged phones, i assume that you are into Mobile Repairing in a Serious Way, CONGRATS ! I suggest you to equip yourself with the following 3 gadgets soon :
(1) Ultrasonic Cleaner and good quality Detergent Liquid to be used inside the UltraSonic Cleaner.
(2) A good quality and powerful Hand ****er to **** normal air but with much force over and around the PCB cleaned in the UltraSonic Cleaner. I would suggest the one used by Air-conditioner Mechanics, which is much heavier and powerfull also. This may sound funny or surprising but we are making use of it since long.
(3) A good quality of Hot Air ****er, not the Hot Air gun which we use for Soldering and desoldering. Here you may even use a good quality hair drier initially to avoid big investment.
I can suggest the exact make and model number of the ones which we are using.

The Procedure is fairly simple :
(1) Take out the PCB (without the LCD which is a glass part with Liquid inside and also without the inner kaypad ) and immerse it in the Detergent poured into the UltraSonic Cleaner (UC) and switch on the UC. The UC should switch off in 2-3 minutes time either automatically or manually. Though normally you won't need to but if necessary, again repeat the same procedure once more. (We normally use the same Detergent to wash around 4-5 PCBS before changing the detergent again.)

(2) Clean the PCB after taking it out of the UC by a simple tooth-brush kind of Brush and some detergent from another container containing fresh clean detergent, to Brush away any residues.

(3) Use the Hand ****er (Normal,not Hot Air kind) to remove all the residues and the liquids from the PCB for about 45-60 seconds by very slowly moving the PCB against the Powerfull Air Flow keeping it very near to the outlet of the ****er, so that all remanants like dried out salts which have been seperated from the PCB are removed completely from the PCB by the strong force of the air ****ing and any traces of water or the detergent etc. are also ****n off., in particular from the places between the PCB and the Chips and are not left there to cause damage in the future. This salts can very easily eat away the metals like PCB track or Balls and pins of the chips on the PCB and can make the PCB irrepairable at any time in the future. Therfore, it is necessary to remove all traces of the salts which have cripped in alongwith water or liquid.
(4) Next, **** the Hot air from the hot air ****er (Not the Hot Air Gun) over each and every portion of the PCB to ensure that all water or liquid is evaporated . The heat from the Hot Air ****er is not enough or likely to melt the solderings on the PCB and so the exposure to it for a few minutes is not likely to loosen any of the parts on the PCB whereas the Heat from the Hot Air Gun can be damaging if used for more time because it will melt the solder and you may **** off some components from the PCB if not done carefully ! (At this stage you will have in your hand a PCB looking as fresh as a brand new untouched PCB)

(5) Clean the Inner Keypad and LCD contacts with a small piece of cloth after applying IPA (Iso Propyl Alcohol) to the cloth and rubbing it gently on the contacts.

You may now reassemble the phone , insert the battery and try to switch on the phone. If you (and the Customer , of course) are lucky the phone will start working at this stage only and no more work required to be done on it. The success ratio till this stage is very easily near to 75 % of the cases and this way you can very easily recover the investment you made in buying the new tools as asked above !

However, if the phone does not switch on now, remove the PCB again and

(5) Finally, use the Hot Air Gun to resolder or reflow the chips normally. Never never press the chips down on board forcibly while reheating please . You may even need to reflash the phone software by using Griffin or UFS or Twister Box.

As per my experience more than 75 % of the water / liquid damaged phones start working by repairing in this manner. Rest 20-25 % may be more damadged because of the effort of putting the Battery and trying to switch it ON without completely drying out the Whole PCb and The Parts and so would need real fault finding to be done to diagonise the exact faulty components and replace them.

Hope this helps. Best of Luck ! All sincere effort without Luck is Futile ! No one can deny that sincere and hard work does help most of the times, though !

Last edited by 1amigo; 08-02-2006 at 14:43.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1amigo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2006, 05:57   #174 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
please there is nokia 1100 showing headset on the screen,
and its not going.
ear piece,***** piece not working .
please what do I do ?
Obviously the phone has gone in Headset mode by itself. This is generally possible when the bottom connectors (charging/handsfree) develop some kind of leakages or short circuits, so please check them by cleaning them with an IPA immersed Brush and applying little hot air inside them to evaporate any water or humidity which might have crept inside the connectors, and if it does not solve the problem , it may be necessary to change the charging connector.These last step will definitely solve the problem.

Last edited by 1amigo; 08-02-2006 at 14:52.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:01   #175 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
hello guys,
there 3.9v at the power switch (nokia 1100 & nokia 3310)
but is not comming on nor cgarging
please what do I do
please help.
thanks.
Connect it to Twister or UFS box and if it shows 1st boot ok, then the Hardware is OK and you will need to flash it. If it gives 1st boot error, try again by aligning the cable contacts more securely. If it still gives 1st Boot error, then it is definitely a Hardware Problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1amigo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2006, 06:02   #176 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 124938
Thanks Meter: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1amigo
As you are having quite a number of water damaged phones, i assume that you are into Mobile Repairing in a Serious Way, CONGRATS ! I suggest you to equip yourself with the following 3 gadgets soon :
(1) Ultrasonic Cleaner and good quality Detergent Liquid to be used inside the UltraSonic Cleaner.
(2) A good quality and powerful Hand ****er to **** normal air but with much force over and around the PCB cleaned in the UltraSonic Cleaner. I would suggest the one used by Air-conditioner Mechanics, which is much heavier and powerfull also. This may sound funny or surprising but we are making use of it since long.
(3) A good quality of Hot Air ****er, not the Hot Air gun which we use for Soldering and desoldering.
I can suggest the exact make and model number of the ones which we are using.

The Procedure is fairly simple :
(1) Take out the PCB (without the LCD which is a glass part with Liquid inside ) and immerse it in the Detergent poured into the UltraSonic Cleaner (UC) and switch on the UC. The UC should switch off in 60 seconds or so. If necessary, again repeat the same procedure once more. (We normally use the same Detergent to wash around 4-5 PCBS before changing the detergent again.)

(2) Clean the PCB after taking it out of the UC by a simple tooth-brush kind of Brush to Brush away any residues.

(3) Use the Hand ****er (Normal,not Hot Air kind) to remove all the residues and the liquid from the PCb for about 45-60 seconds by very slowly moving the PCB against the Air Flow keeping it very near to the outlet of the ****er, so that all remanants like dried out salts which have been seperated from the PCB are removed completely from the PCB, in particular from the places between the PCB and the Chips and are not left there to cause damage in the future. This salts can very easily eat away the metals like PCB track or Balls and pins of the chips on the PCB and can make the PCB irrepairable at any time in the future. Therfore, it is necessary to remove all traces of the salts which have cripped in alongwith water or liquid.

(4) Next, **** the Hot air from the hot air ****er (Not the Hot Air Gun) over each and every portion of the PCB to ensure that all water or liquid is evaporated . The heat from the Hot Air ****er is not enough or likely to melt the solderings on the PCB and so the exposure to it for a few minutes is not likely to loosen any of the parts on the PCB whereas the Heat from the Hot Air Gun can be damaging if used for more time because it will melt the solder and you may **** off some components from the PCB if not done carefully !

(5) Clean the Keypad and LCD contacts with a small piece of cloth after applying IPA (Iso Propyl Alcohol) to the cloth and rubbing it gently on the contacts.

You may now reassemble the phone , insert the battery and try to switch on the phone. If you (and the Customer , of course) are lucky the phone will start working at this stage only and no more work required to be done on it. However, if the phone does not switch on now, remove the PCB and

(5) Finally, use the Hot Air Gun to resolder or reflow the chips normally.

As per my experience 60-70 % of the water / liquid damaged phones start working by repairing in this manner. Rest 30-40 % may be more damadged because of the effort of putting the Battery and trying to switch it ON without completely drying out the Whole PCb and The Parts.

Hope this helps. Best of Luck ! All sincere effort without Luck is Futile ! No one can deny that sincere and hard work does help most of the times, though !
Good Explaination!! Nice Work. Thanks
Old 08-02-2006, 06:08   #177 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Today i am uploading extracted and Formatted Nokia 3310 Service Manual (Word Document Format). This document is useful in Troubleshooting problems in 3310 right from dead to network. (This is the base mobile in every mobile training institute). Hope this will be usefull. Please let me know how good it is.

Code:
http://rapidshare.de/files/27874023/3310_Fault_Finding.rar.html
Old 08-02-2006, 06:12   #178 (permalink)
Freak Poster

While searching my "My Documents" Folder I found this book on BGA Reballing thought of sharing with u ppl. I don't know from where I downloaded it but this is very useful.

Code:
http://rapidshare.de/files/27874301/BGA-Reball-Instruct.pdf.html
Enjoy!! Reballing.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:19   #179 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Identification of Components on Mobile PCB. (And + more contents)

Here it goes.

Code:
http://rapidshare.de/files/27874654/Introduction_To_Different_Parts_Used_In_Mobile_Phone.doc.html
Old 08-02-2006, 08:28   #180 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Very Good Explanation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajubaba
Identification of Components on Mobile PCB. (And + more contents)

Here it goes.

Code:
http://rapidshare.de/files/27874654/Introduction_To_Different_Parts_Used_In_Mobile_Phone.doc.html
This is a Very good explanation documentation from www.ambtechniques.com

However, i think following corrections are required in the same :

(1) Comparision among Capacitors, Resistances and Coils

Resistance
• Resists in the path of current where it is coupled
• Resists for both AC and DC.
Resists high for high frequency and low for low frequency (is wrong)* Correct is Resists Equally for High Freq. or for Low Freq. • Resists in the path of current where it is coupled

(2) In the Topic "Battery Terminal"
“BSI” means Battery State Indicator (is slightly wrong).(this pin tells the phone about batter charging state. The correct is that BSI means Battery Size Indicator. The Voltage here tells the CPU (i) what type of Battery it is {Ni-MH or Li-Ion or Other type } and (ii) it’s Nominal Voltage {normally 3.7volts} and (iii) it’s Capacity in mAH.

(3) In the Same Topic "Battery Terminal", no corrections but some additional Info :
“B-Temp” means Battery temprature. This pin Tells the phone about battery temprature state. This feature is used in charging circuits of the phones to shut off charging when a certain unsafe temperature is reached in the Battery , to avoid causing any further damage to the Battery as well as the Charging Circuit itself.

This is not to find mistakes in others works , i hope everybody will understand and agree, but is to ensure giving correct knowledge to beginners.

Hope Mr.Shahzad Ahmed (shahzad11) takes it in the right spirit. No ill feelings Mr.Shahzad, ok ?

With great Regards to all posters here as well as Mr.Shahzad (shahzad11) of www.ambtechniques.com

Last edited by 1amigo; 08-03-2006 at 05:08.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1amigo For This Useful Post: