GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Off Topic Zone

Off Topic Zone Here all other messages...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2006, 11:21   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 136446
Thanks Meter: 9
A Letter to the Pope

Dear Honorable Pope,

You made reference to an old book saying Islam brought nothing but evils.

Honorable Pope, when Prophet Mohammad sent his armies to liberate Greater Syria from occupying Romans, there was no Geneva Convention at that time, but the armies carried with them the message of Mohammad: Do not kill Christians, do not kill Jews, do not kill the elderly, women and children...therefore, Honorable Pope, Arab Christians of Jerusalem gave Omar, the Arab ruler at the time, the keys of the Holy Sepulcher which Moslem's still maintain until this very day. Christians and Jews continued living peacefully with the Arab Moslems for all these centuries, in real tolerance and love.

Honorable Pope, your great ancestor in the 11th century instigated the crusades to come all the way from Europe to the Holy Land, killing children, women, elderly who were besieged in Al Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem . The knee reaching blood of this massacre is not an act of tolerance and love....

Honorable Pope, one hundred years later, without an ideology of hate, Salaheddine conquered Jerusalem killing nobody, assisting all Europeans wishing to return back to Europe and welcomed all those opting to stay which many did until this day.

Honorable Pope, in the 19th century, Moslem Arabs did not come to fight you in Europe . Your armies came down the Mediterranean conquering brutally the whole of the Arab Moslem world from Morocco to Oman ... Such armies were not carrying any messages of tolerance and love.

Honorable Pope, the greatest sin ever in the history of man was committed in the 20th century by the extra tolerant, loving British, French and others, in the creation of Israel, sending to exile, until this very day, the indigenous people of Palestine to live in intense in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria and elsewhere until this very hour. Deir Yassine, Jenine and other massacres in Palestine have not instigated any feelings of sympathy in the loving and tolerant Europe ...

Honorable Pope, In the nineties of last century, the Arab Iraqis did not attack Europe or the White House in Washington , but 32 loving and tolerant nations destroyed the nation of Iraq ..

Honorable Pope, this reminds us of a boxing game where spectators crave blood in the arena !!!!! Tolerant and loving America, Europe and Israel enjoyed extension of the war in Lebanon day after day and over 34 days spilling more and more blood to satisfy their love and tolerance...

Honorable Pope, last but not least, your tolerant and loving ancestors burnt and gassed Jews and poor Palestinians had to pay the price, never you...tolerant loving pope....

To everyone who wants to email the POPE
benedictxvi@ vatican.va

To: Benedict XVI; Popes of the Roman Catholic Church

In a very critical era in man-kind’s history where violence is nourished by extremists and calls from wise people to peace to prevail, we the undersigned have been shocked as many other millions of Muslims over the world by the statement you have said in your lecture in Regensburg University during your last visit to Germany about Islam and Prophet (Muhammad) PBUH.

We, the Muslims, respect Christianity as a religion from *** that came before Islam and our faith is not complete until we believe in Christianity as a religion from our *** and Christ as a messenger of *** (*****).

You have criticized Islam and the Islamic concept of Jihad as unreasonable and against ***'s nature..!!

Not only that, but also quoted (i.e. you like to say) that prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), the last messenger from ***, did not bring any good but evil & inhumane things.

You have portrayed Islam as a religion which endorses violence, where faith is "spread by the sword".

Sir, we want to tell you that these remarks are unacceptable and demonstrate ignorance &/or dishonesty of the Islam faith. We invite you to read and learn more about Islam.

You mix between a great religion established more than 1400 years ago and have followers of more than 1500000000 (one and a half billion) believers over the world and violence.

Islam invites people to peace, tolerance, equality & justice.

I want to tell you that at the moment you spread hatred against Islam, it is the highest religion in the world that have new believers from other religions joining it through talking only, not by sword as you said. Only because they believe as we believe that Islam is the last religion from *** and that Islam is a great faith.

The history of the Roman Catholic Church had violent chapters. After the bloodstained conversions in South America, the crusades in the Muslim world, the coercion of the Church by ******'s regime, and even the coining of the phrase 'holy war' by Pope Urban II, I do not think the Church should point a finger at extremist activities in other religions.

In your speech you overlooked the fact that Islam was the cradle of science and that Muslims were the first to translate Greek philosophers before they became part of European history.

As you said that, we did not hear you asking the killers of innocent Muslims in Afghanistan, Iraq, Lebanon & Palestine to stop killing them. You did not take any measures to protest or to prevent that. Those killers of hundreds of thousands of Muslims are mainly Christians Sir...!!!

We demand that you retract any wrong to Islam and the prophet of Islam immediately and clearly.

Regards,

To: Benedict XVI; the Pope of the Roman Catholic Church

We, the Muslim people, would like to object to your recent comments about our prophet Mohammad and our religion…
Your comments illustrate your complete ignorance of our religion …

We demand an immediate apology to all Muslims and to be more considerate next time…

Let me remind you of this

"VATICAN CITY (CNS) – The Vatican, commenting on a series of satirical newspaper cartoons that have outraged Muslims, said freedom of ___expression does not include the right to offend religious sentiments."

What do you call this? Hypocracy?

I also I don’t accept the claim that you did not mean to offend Muslims or to insult our prophet.

Having read the whole speech, I really fail to see how a 600 year old quotation describing Muslims as evil and inhumane is at all appropriate in the context of this speech. It just seems to be a dig at Prophet Mohammad to me, and to all of us.

It is also funny that you have chosen to quote a Byzantine emperor whose family had to flee Constantinople due to the attacks by the crusaders. Even in the 15th century attempts at starting a Latin crusade failed as "the Greeks thought that the Byzantine civilization which was centered at the Orthodox faith would be more secure under Ottoman rule, and preferred to sacrifice their political freedom in order to preserve their religion" --- extracted from wikipedia

It is also a fact that far more non-believers have been killed by Christians than any other world religion…!!!

The Church has no right to point a finger at any religion after all the blood-stained conversions in South America and after the coercion of the church by ******'s regime to exterminate Jews.

Your quotation was an essential part of Christian propaganda to justify the crusades with no basis of truth. A closer look at history will show you how great tolerance was shown by Muslim rulers to other religions.

And finally let me provide you with a couple of versus from the Qur'an that PROOF that Islam is a religion of peace and was never spread by the sword

"Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from error"[Al-Qur’ an 2:256]

"***** commands justice, the doing of good, and liberality to kith and kin, and He forbids all shameful deeds, and injustice and rebellion: He instructs you, that ye may receive admonition." (An-Nahl: 90)

“But if the enemy inclines towards peace, do thou also incline towards peace and trust in *****.” (Al-Anfâl: 61)

“Fight in the cause of ***** those who fight you, but do not transgress limits”.

*{O you who believe! Stand out firmly for *** as witnesses to Justice; and let not the hatred of a people cause you to swerve from justice; be just; that is the closest to piety}* (Al-Ma'idah 5:8).

"if they let you alone, and did not wage war against you and hold out their hands in peace towards you, then ***** has never sanctioned you to wage war against them." (An-Nisa': 90).

Finally, Muslims do not attack others unless they attack them first. The Qur'an says what means: *{Fight in the way of ***** against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! ***** loveth not, aggressors.} * (Al-Baqarah 2:190)

Regards,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sassouki For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2006, 12:15   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 315789
Thanks Meter: 3,428
Well Done.....Totally agree with u brother.

I want add some words in your post. What American, British and so called peace loving countries have done in Afghanistan and Iraq is also to be noted. They killed millions of innocent peoples which have nothing to do with them.

Still bloodshed is going on in Afghanistan and Iraq but the honourable Pope did not comment it? Why such dual attitude

We Muslims are peace loving people and respect all non-muslims.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:44   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 91298
Thanks Meter: 6
Hmm - this is funny.

Im not a muslim as such myself, but I know that in Islam - if someone says something bad - then you should ignore it, not protest against what has been said - just ignore it and it will be forgotton.

If you where to do what is said in Islam then you would keep quiet and not let these kind of things get to you - I mean, look at what he says, can you not see that its to make the Islam community angry, therefore you will react to what has been said - and this is where people start to believe what has been said.

So - If I were you, I would follow my religion and do as I was told.

Always remember, your as bad as them if you let it get to you and react to it.

br,
Danny.
Old 10-13-2006, 14:28   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 10168
Thanks Meter: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by mughalG View Post
Well Done.....Totally agree with u brother.

I want add some words in your post. What American, British and so called peace loving countries have done in Afghanistan and Iraq is also to be noted. They killed millions of innocent peoples which have nothing to do with them.

Still bloodshed is going on in Afghanistan and Iraq but the honourable Pope did not comment it? Why such dual attitude

We Muslims are peace loving people and respect all non-muslims.
The thing that worries me about Afghanistan is that their main (illegal) export spells premature death to those that use it! As I understand the Muslim faith, the use of alcahol and (non-medical) drugs is not permitted. How then can the exports from the opium fields be accepted?

I think you should judge a man or woman by their actions and not their religion. Peace usually fosters peace... If you smile it is usually returned by the person who you are smiling at... Unless its a traffic cop of course!

My only one hate in life... Cigarette Smokers! Buts thats another story!
Old 10-13-2006, 14:44   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I understand fully - but at the end of the day, theyre crying out to stop people from giving them grief and making statements like the pope did.

If they did what there religion says, they might not have this problem and they can then sit back smiling and praise there profits.

Now - if every muslim was to follow there religion 100% by the book, it's not by the book, just a phrase, then there would be no society for Afgaistan's, where does there other main income come from to run the country? if they have to sell something to someone that is needed and asked for then it shouldnt be haram, i know that if the intentions where not right - then its haram, but if the intentions are good then its ok - I mean they can give away the opium feilds for free, but if someone deposit's money without been asked to then that wouldnt be haram .

Anyways not my subject to keep butting into - but read what I have said, and this is all comming from a Christian, I bet you think - How does he know such much about islam - well I work with Muslims and show great interest for the belief - and im always questioning things and learning about Islam, this way I have a very good understand about Islam - I never learned much at school and dont follow Christianity even tho I am a Christian - so I have to do something

anyhow - thats enough.
Just read it

br,
Danny.
Old 10-13-2006, 15:46   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 5339
Sonork: 100:1576437
Thanks Meter: 3
who gives a **** anyway... when the pope speaks, there are not douzains of millions of people absolutely believing what he says...

that is the difference with your islam thing...
Old 10-13-2006, 17:03   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 3941
Thanks Meter: 636
@ danny I totally agree with you and btw..

this is GSM board.. I don't care if this is off topic but religions do NOT belong here...
Old 10-13-2006, 17:17   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
who gives a **** anyway... when the pope speaks, there are not douzains of millions of people absolutely believing what he says...

that is the difference with your islam thing...
Hmm, i never said they believe what he says directly - like your saying ok?.

I said - if he says something, and you react - then people will thingk - why are they reacting? have they got something to hide? and thats where it esculates.

Anyways enough said

br,
Danny.
Old 10-13-2006, 17:24   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami1_1 View Post
@ danny I totally agree with you and btw..

this is GSM board.. I don't care if this is off topic but religions do NOT belong here...
Thankyou for agreeing with me.

My final post in this thread - so my last words, why have we got an OT section if it's not to be used - OT means "Off Topic" - this thread is OT so it's in the OT section, religion is as important as everything else - so why not talk about it.

Anyways - I dont want answer on thread, PM me IF you have anything else to say.

br,
Danny.
Old 10-13-2006, 18:34   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 66427
Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post

that is the difference with your .............
existed just rarly poepel cant understand and dont have
the enought energy to think .
and it can be the deffirence too btw your and ur weakly brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilextreme View Post
Hmm - this is funny.

Im not a muslim as such myself, but I know that in Islam - if someone says something bad - then you should ignore it, not protest against what has been said - just ignore it and it will be forgotton.

If you where to do what is said in Islam then you would keep quiet and not let these kind of things get to you - I mean, look at what he says, can you not see that its to make the Islam community angry, therefore you will react to what has been said - and this is where people start to believe what has been said.

So - If I were you, I would follow my religion and do as I was told.

Always remember, your as bad as them if you let it get to you and react to it.

br,
Danny.
yeap its very funny
become intressting too
cool
B.R
Old 10-18-2006, 06:26   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 133099
Sonork: 100.1582860
Thanks Meter: 18
Well, when american attacked on Afghanistan there was no opium production and export at all. The export remained closed in the era of Taliban. After the attack and end of Taliban era now it is again started. Now sincerely tell me who is responsible for that?

MughalG's concern was to stop illegal killing of innocent muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan.... He said Pop should responed to it and make efforts to stop illegal killing of innocent peoples but He started another controversial issue of hurting Muslim
We regret killing human beings whether they are Muslim or Christian or Jew or whatsoever....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.mahoney View Post
The thing that worries me about Afghanistan is that their main (illegal) export spells premature death to those that use it! As I understand the Muslim faith, the use of alcahol and (non-medical) drugs is not permitted. How then can the exports from the opium fields be accepted?

I think you should judge a man or woman by their actions and not their religion. Peace usually fosters peace... If you smile it is usually returned by the person who you are smiling at... Unless its a traffic cop of course!

My only one hate in life... Cigarette Smokers! Buts thats another story!
Old 10-18-2006, 09:40   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 154483
Thanks Meter: 15
Hi, to all

I think every thing is preplaned. First Honorable pop give statement .Just want to give the message to every one in the world. And rightly so; his msg reaches to every one. Than he appolojize to minimize the reaction.
But actully he want to convey his thought to the world and thats all.
Br
Old 10-26-2006, 14:03   #13 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 136446
thanks friends for reacting with this post ... hope there will be more opinions
Old 10-30-2006, 11:24   #14 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 38751
Sonork: 100.75985
Thanks Meter: 2,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassouki View Post
thanks friends for reacting with this post ... hope there will be more opinions
My own Opinion is that What this post is doing in this forum worries me more than what the pope said.

There is TIME and PLACE for everything, the forum rules forbid this type of my-religion-is-better arguement and why they let this PASS we should worry about.

Pope don`t make no unlocking box and I think this issue don`t belong here...
Old 10-31-2006, 18:29   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 10854
Sonork: 1578988
Thanks Meter: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by miliky View Post
My own Opinion is that What this post is doing in this forum worries me more than what the pope said.

There is TIME and PLACE for everything, the forum rules forbid this type of my-religion-is-better arguement and why they let this PASS we should worry about.

Pope don`t make no unlocking box and I think this issue don`t belong here...
101% right, i have tried to point at these issues before but no success...

Best regrads