GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > Siemens-Benq Flash Patching > x4x, x5x Flashpatching

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2003, 11:55   #1 (permalink)

Member: 27150
Thanks Meter: 0
Patch request concerning SIM Phone Book Icons

Hi everyone.
Let me descibe you my situation. I am not using the Phone Book on MMC but on SIM Card cause it's faster. Guess a lotta people are doing it this way (?) ....

Now for example I got a person named Bill and I got his home phone and his cell number. So far I marked the cell number with a little * or so.

Now my SIM Card is full and the phone started to save new numbers in directly on the phone. And then there appears a nice Cellphone Symbol behind the name. Of course I know that don't stand for a cell phone number but for the location the number is saved at.

BUT can someone tell me if it's possible to modify the phone a way so I can use this symbol with every number I want to use it with.

Thanks
Old 04-24-2003, 13:18   #2 (permalink)

Member: 24832
It must be possible because somehow I had this cellphone item near SIM numbers, but SIM wasn't full (nearly empty :-) It wasn't my numbers (it were in downloaded flash) so i changed them and the name, but the icon was as a first letter so i only changed the numbers, the icon is still there ;-)
So, maybe is some way to use some modifications in V_Klay to use these icons as a letter?

Best regards
Phalanx
Old 04-24-2003, 14:19   #3 (permalink)

Allright but how do I convert this Symbol into a letter or at least make the SL45 think that we deal with a letter here....
Old 04-24-2003, 20:53   #4 (permalink)

Member: 24832
I'd like to know it too.. I think only ValeraVi or Riza could help here.. It isn't as simple as it seems to be.

Best regards
Phalanx
Old 04-25-2003, 00:52   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 9891
Thanks Meter: 2
Please do not judge like that (only someone could help here). There are many nice people who has a capability to do the same help...

RizaPN
Old 04-25-2003, 01:32   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 24095
Unfortunately only a few share their knowledge. Of course many nice people know but it seems like they don't want to share what they know. I would give anything to have their knowledge. As far as it concerns about patches we all know who shares everything...
Old 04-25-2003, 10:57   #7 (permalink)

Member: 26927
Quote:
BUT can someone tell me if it's possible to modify the phone a way so I can use this symbol with every number I want to use it with.
In theory the only thing you'd have to do is to choose a symbol you use least from the one's entered in you firmware (read: use ffmod to edit them) and change it into something that best suits your needs. (read: draw a small cellphone or a smilie)

You must be aware however that it has to be a little used symbol in the sms you send/recieve because the character will be a "normal" letter.

The benefits would be that you can enter the symbol at any place of your phonebook entry, whether it's the first, third or last letter

Please correct me if i'm wrong because i'm thinking only theoretically :-)
Old 04-25-2003, 12:53   #8 (permalink)

@all: I have very little knowledge but people in this forum who are sharing their abilities with us get my respect. If I would just be half as good as you guys I would be glad Keep on doin your great jobs. We all profit from it and are very thankful.

@Taranis: That sounds good. I will try this way as soon as possible.
Old 04-26-2003, 01:12   #9 (permalink)

Well it looks like nothing seems to work. And I heared from a couple of people that it is not possible to change any font characters yet. There is this russian tool FlashFonter which I am not able to use since I simply do not understand any of the writings on the buttons...

Does anybody know something about this prog and if there is an english version of it?