View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 21:10   #1 (permalink)
PeakCelln
Insane Poster

Member: 271255
Thanks Meter: 9
Can I get a Definitive Answer on iCloud Removal w/ Clean IMEI?

Just for the record, I looked for an hour or so in the iPhone 6 Threads and could not find an answer. I have an iPhone 6 I bought. The IMEI is free and clear with both VZW(Original SP) and AT&T, the SP I want to use it on. The phone asks for an iCloud password during the activation process. It connects to my wifi. I do not have the iCloud password, nor can I get it.

I have read in many places online it is possible to remove this permanently from your phone. I decided to try a unlock company based out of the UK, atMod Edit Link Removed . They seemed to be reputable.
So I paid and waited.

After 5 or so days they sent me back and email stating the IMEI was blacklisted, and because of this, I could not get my money back, only a credit. I checked on the sight they gave me and it came up blacklisted. I called back Verizon from where the phone originally came from , and once again, they said it was free and clear. I called AT&T(Where I want to use the phone) and they said it was free and clear. I also checked Swappa(Or whatever the name of that site is) and they said it was free and clear. I called back Verizon and had them send me an email with the IMEI written on it stating it was NOT on the negative list and forwarded it to the unlock company. I have not heard back.

So, I gues my first question is can this actually be done? 2nd, has anyone else dealt with this company and had success or problems? 3rd, could the scam be their IMEI check site is going to say any IMEI they can't get iCloud unlocked, will come up negative, even though it isnt? 4th, does anyone here have any suggestions? I already have $400 invested in this phone. Thanx.

Last edited by Rahul_Bhutani; 04-10-2015 at 07:23.

Page generated in 0.10369 seconds with 7 queries