View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 18:51   #1 (permalink)
jossipov

Member: 2303778
Thanks Meter: 1
iPhone 4S NAND replace / rework

I wanted to get into doing rework and upgrading NAND on iPhone, but first I wanted to learn and make sure by testing.

Recently I purchased some test fixtures and an IR rework station.
Using some old 4Ss I had I removed the NAND using the IR rework station.
I then placed the motherboard in the test fixture, hooked up the screen, power button, and battery. Placed the NAND I just removed in the test fixture.

I then try tried to boot the phone to make sure it all worked. The device would not boot up at all (the battery in question is fully charged). The screen stays completely dead. If the device is connected to the computer at the time It will come up as "unknown USB device". Also, the board does heat up, and the NAND inside the test fixture also seems to warm up.

I've tried several devices with same result.

I'm a bit stomped as to what the exact problem is. Wondering if it's the motherboard, or maybe becausethe processor is under the nand (flip side) that is causing a problem. Really not sure, any advice would be great. I know the NAND seems ok, since the programmer can read it fine. I would think even if there is some motherboard damage the device would still do something when powered on.
Just really unsure, any help would be greatly appreciated

Attached are some photos:
My Test Fixture

My motherboards post chip off

My NAND post chip off

Page generated in 0.05993 seconds with 7 queries