Gsmserver
Product Supporter

Member: 21077
Thanks Meter: 116,385
Dear Gsmuy,

Let me quickly address your issue here.

For easiness of communication I will just reply to your complains as they come:

Quote:
i bought my box and i was pretty happy with it, untill someday box stopped working. it was dead cpu, caused because of faulty hardware.
first, the problem occured cause you burnt the box and not cause of faulty hardware. The hardware was not protected against unadvanced users.

Quote:
Ok, i was told to send box to warranty, so i sent it. this was on 23/05/2006
i sent it via fedex, so within 5 days it arrived, but due to beurocracy in this country, package was retained for 1 month in customs.
Correct, have nothing to say about delay, As for corruption - I would not say that was the issue, most likely the underdevelopment of fedex network in our region.

Quote:
OK, so box arrived warranty, and they informed that will be ready 3 days later. I asked again 3 days later, and it was not ready, so i asked 3 more days later and it was fixed OK by then.
needless to say, sometimes it takes more than a day to have box repaired when engineers are busy with R&D.

Quote:
So they offered to send it back as gesture (i think is their obbligation, since it was hardware problem and within warranty period, so i dont have to go on shipping costs at all, but what the hell.......)
You forgot to mention that you didn't buy the box from us, but received it from your dealer and then u sent it directly to us which we agreed to as a show or courtesy to your dealer and you (though normally it is the responsibility of dealer to arrange delivery of replacements for end-user! and we helped eiher of you in this matter)

Quote:
but the used mule post or dont know what parcel service, because i has been almost 4 month, money spent on fedex and still no box, and what is worst, no sollution from their side.
The shipping company used was EMS, often selected by dealers for shipments cause it is relatively cheaper than fedex and dhl for shipments over 3kg.
Delivery of the box is the responsibility of the shipper. We have enquired the status of your delivery a few times already, paid the money for every enquiry and getting the official letter after third paid enquiry today.
EMS cant give us any clear report due to the shipping network in your country, Urugway (remote zone for some shippers). If u want, payment receipts for all the enquiries can be attached here.

Quote:
bottomline , this is a serious complain against gsmserver team and guy in charge of it (i spoke all the time with clipper)
ALSO is a warning for all the people that is thinking of buying this box, LISTEN CAREFULLY, THIS BOX IS FAULTY, THIS WAS NOT THE ONLY CASE THAT HAPPENED THIS, CHECK FORUM, SOONER OR LATER IT WILL DIE AND YOU WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS TOO.
As I have already mentioned, Dreambox didn't have a protection against unadvanced users who burnt boxes. Now the hardware has been redesigned and is getting ready for distribution. We have replaced most of the burnt boxes to the extent of my knowledge.
As for the life span of product - every project ends one day. It is inevitable. What matters is how long it lasts and is supported. If you look at the pace of updates of dreambox and the hardware changes undertaken you will be the most ill-minded person to claim the project is going to die soon. Excluding the force majeure there are no obvious reasons for us to close the project which has bright prospects and demand on the market.

To finalize the letter I will conclude that we will apply every effort to help the scandalling user get hold of his box.

Kindest regards,

Clipper,
Gsmserver team

Page generated in 0.08951 seconds with 7 queries