GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > GSMServer Products > DreamBox

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2006, 16:12   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 65216
Thanks Meter: 23
big complain with dreambox team, be aware!

this is my sad story with dreambox, so new users be aware of what they may have in your near future.

i bought my box and i was pretty happy with it, untill someday box stopped working. it was dead cpu, caused because of faulty hardware.

Ok, i was told to send box to warranty, so i sent it. this was on 23/05/2006
i sent it via fedex, so within 5 days it arrived, but due to beurocracy in this country, package was retained for 1 month in customs.

OK, so box arrived warranty, and they informed that will be ready 3 days later. I asked again 3 days later, and it was not ready, so i asked 3 more days later and it was fixed OK by then.

So they offered to send it back as gesture (i think is their obbligation, since it was hardware problem and within warranty period, so i dont have to go on shipping costs at all, but what the hell.......) but the used mule post or dont know what parcel service, because i has been almost 4 month, money spent on fedex and still no box, and what is worst, no sollution from their side.

bottomline , this is a serious complain against gsmserver team and guy in charge of it (i spoke all the time with clipper)
ALSO is a warning for all the people that is thinking of buying this box, LISTEN CAREFULLY, THIS BOX IS FAULTY, THIS WAS NOT THE ONLY CASE THAT HAPPENED THIS, CHECK FORUM, SOONER OR LATER IT WILL DIE AND YOU WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS TOO.

i expect serious response soon, also proposed to pay shipping cost to send me a new box, but of course nobody takes care of my complain.

br,
GSMuy

Old 08-31-2006, 17:54   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 241271
Thanks Meter: 30
To gsmuy

Dear gsmuy! We will try to help you. Please, tell me serial number of your box by PM. In your case we think that it is a problem with sending .
In relation to hardware problem in our boxes - it is in the past! First party had hardware damage, but we fixed this. A little part of our customers got those boxes. We replaced their boxes by new.
Now we are making new boxes without any hardware problems. These boxes will be work for you for a long time .

Old 09-01-2006, 11:28   #3 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 21077
Thanks Meter: 116,345
Dear Gsmuy,

Let me quickly address your issue here.

For easiness of communication I will just reply to your complains as they come:

Quote:
i bought my box and i was pretty happy with it, untill someday box stopped working. it was dead cpu, caused because of faulty hardware.
first, the problem occured cause you burnt the box and not cause of faulty hardware. The hardware was not protected against unadvanced users.

Quote:
Ok, i was told to send box to warranty, so i sent it. this was on 23/05/2006
i sent it via fedex, so within 5 days it arrived, but due to beurocracy in this country, package was retained for 1 month in customs.
Correct, have nothing to say about delay, As for corruption - I would not say that was the issue, most likely the underdevelopment of fedex network in our region.

Quote:
OK, so box arrived warranty, and they informed that will be ready 3 days later. I asked again 3 days later, and it was not ready, so i asked 3 more days later and it was fixed OK by then.
needless to say, sometimes it takes more than a day to have box repaired when engineers are busy with R&D.

Quote:
So they offered to send it back as gesture (i think is their obbligation, since it was hardware problem and within warranty period, so i dont have to go on shipping costs at all, but what the hell.......)
You forgot to mention that you didn't buy the box from us, but received it from your dealer and then u sent it directly to us which we agreed to as a show or courtesy to your dealer and you (though normally it is the responsibility of dealer to arrange delivery of replacements for end-user! and we helped eiher of you in this matter)

Quote:
but the used mule post or dont know what parcel service, because i has been almost 4 month, money spent on fedex and still no box, and what is worst, no sollution from their side.
The shipping company used was EMS, often selected by dealers for shipments cause it is relatively cheaper than fedex and dhl for shipments over 3kg.
Delivery of the box is the responsibility of the shipper. We have enquired the status of your delivery a few times already, paid the money for every enquiry and getting the official letter after third paid enquiry today.
EMS cant give us any clear report due to the shipping network in your country, Urugway (remote zone for some shippers). If u want, payment receipts for all the enquiries can be attached here.

Quote:
bottomline , this is a serious complain against gsmserver team and guy in charge of it (i spoke all the time with clipper)
ALSO is a warning for all the people that is thinking of buying this box, LISTEN CAREFULLY, THIS BOX IS FAULTY, THIS WAS NOT THE ONLY CASE THAT HAPPENED THIS, CHECK FORUM, SOONER OR LATER IT WILL DIE AND YOU WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS TOO.
As I have already mentioned, Dreambox didn't have a protection against unadvanced users who burnt boxes. Now the hardware has been redesigned and is getting ready for distribution. We have replaced most of the burnt boxes to the extent of my knowledge.
As for the life span of product - every project ends one day. It is inevitable. What matters is how long it lasts and is supported. If you look at the pace of updates of dreambox and the hardware changes undertaken you will be the most ill-minded person to claim the project is going to die soon. Excluding the force majeure there are no obvious reasons for us to close the project which has bright prospects and demand on the market.

To finalize the letter I will conclude that we will apply every effort to help the scandalling user get hold of his box.

Kindest regards,

Clipper,
Gsmserver team

Old 09-01-2006, 13:43   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

please define "unadvanced user" the way this boxes got burnt by plugging to pc, maybe there is an advanced user way to plug usb cable to pc, coz this is the way all the boxes were burnt, although your partner above say that im correct about first series of dreamboxes.

Im dont want to scandalize, just want to get what i deserve.

talked to you many times and i really lost hope, that's why post this thread.
People must know all the facts, when box is super good, and when happens this kind of things.

And if you solve my problem as you should, i will post it with capital letters. You bet i will.

Regards,
GSMuy

Old 09-02-2006, 08:32   #5 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 81703
Thanks Meter: 1,332
Gsmuy, I was one of the guys with problems with DB old hardware too. It took me 2 months to send the box as paying DHL was expensive as Clipper said. Then they told me the EMS opportunity. I bet for EMS and took sometime but arrived. If I had some problem I could have seen in the tracking number but they told me that was a risky way.

About problem with burnt boxes there was two problems, TP connection to the phone and plug to the computer. I was newb in TP so I burnt it. The fact it's not who did it, it's that happened and must be solved.

I know you are a great guy and great web designer too . I bet that GsmServer will solve your problem but if there is any problem with shipping they can't be affording all the problems with EMS.
In Spain, in my country one company "lost" 5 packs and they never asked for something(pay me a fee or similar) or give me a call I have to afford by myself and pay to my *******r for the lost...

As I said I hope and think that your situation will be solved. I just want to post my opinion here. I think GsmServer it's a great team, be patient...

BR

Luskao

Old 09-02-2006, 10:51   #6 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Just a quick update on the matter.
We received and official letter from EMS stating thta they can't get a report from their Urugway counteragent regarding the location of parcel.
Enquiry, original AWB, official letter and receipts are attached.

BR
Gsmserver
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.09.2006 17-11-45_0024.jpg (180.9 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 01.09.2006 17-22-58_0026.jpg (143.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg paper1.jpg (192.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg paper2.jpg (175.1 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by Gsmserver; 09-02-2006 at 11:10.

Old 09-04-2006, 22:18   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

well, thanks luskao for your words. (btw. i did not kill my box via bad tp connection, it just got killed by itself)

@ gsmserver, thanks for that document, will ask post office with this info. Better late than never ever.

will keep u posted.

Old 09-05-2006, 17:32   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

as they told me, thing is that ukraine post has missed the post #3 and #4 (this is the code that is used between them , as they told me).
So you have to make a formal complain to get the money or box back.
Please make my life easier, i pay for fedex shipping now, please send me new box.

regards
gsmuy

Old 09-06-2006, 14:34   #9 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmuy View Post
as they told me, thing is that ukraine post has missed the post #3 and #4 (this is the code that is used between them , as they told me).
So you have to make a formal complain to get the money or box back.
Please make my life easier, i pay for fedex shipping now, please send me new box.

regards
gsmuy

pls explain more clearly:
Quote:

Old 09-06-2006, 15:24   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

post service has different groups of packages named with numbers for different areas, at Uruguay postal service, they told me that group 3 and group 4 that was ment to be delivered from ukraine to UY is missing, they claimed them, so you have to make formal claim because whole group seems to be lost (ems service is ment to be within 5 -6 days, 2 month is too much)

please inform that to UKR postal service and make claim.

Thanks

Old 09-06-2006, 15:43   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

please close topic, my dreambox just arrived.
box works fine now...
thanks for support for taking care with true and positive interest on having my box back.

THANKS WITH CAPITAL LETTERS.
REGARDS,
GSMuy

Closed Thread