GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Nokia > Nokia Multimedia

Nokia Multimedia No Unlocking or Flashing Programs here, this section for Ringtones, Wallpaper and other media Files and Windows/Java/Symbian games and applications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2006, 12:15   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 185262
Thanks Meter: 3
compare n70 and n90

hi all guys i want 2 ask something from u if v compare both mobile (n70 and n90) which mobile is better and the special 1 and in both mobiles which 1 have best picture quality
bye
Old 01-22-2006, 18:23   #2 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 207875
Thanks Meter: 1
Thumbs up

well sana, regarding which phone is good, i think the n70 is a good phone as compared to the n90 simply for the following reasons
1. it is smaller than the n90 (n90 size compareable to SE p910)
2. it has a vibrating alert while, the n90 doesn't..
3. there are themes and other softwares readily available for n70
4. the camera also has a cover to protect it from getting scratches
5. also the n90 is far more delicate, my friend has used it and well he had an accident and the camera barrel of the n90 broke and it is almost unrepairable... what a waste of money!!!!!!!
6. the n70 also has radio...n90 doesn't
7. the OS is also version 3, th n90 uses v2.8

as for the photo taking ability, the n90(carl zeiss) is far more superior to the n70, but do check the sony-ericcson phones, they aren't far behind . but seriously you aren't buying the phone for their photo taking ability because they are using only cmos lenses as compared to the a sagem phone (don't know which one) which is using a 1.3 megapixel ccd lens which is very much superior to the 2.0megapixel cmos lens...
Old 01-22-2006, 22:08   #3 (permalink)
1ck

Member: 171091
Thanks Meter: 0
n90 brick

there is no comparison in quality, the n90 is the dogs bollo*ks just pick one up and feel the difference, see the way the screen opens and twists and that perfect photo lens on top. but then after youv,e played with it for 5 minutes your arms aching, and you've a grip like mike tyson because of the overall bulk of the thing. for such a high quality, high end spec phone , why the hell didn't they pinch a few ideas from motorolla(v3i) this would have been the one and only dream phone apart from the obvious bloody size. so needless to say i have sent mine back to the shop and am awaiting the more refined and equally as good (apart from photo print quality) nokia n70
Old 01-23-2006, 09:07   #4 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 132009
look here you can't expect a mobile phone to meet your needs of digital photography so forget about the camera issue secondly the carl zeiss lense in n90 is not of any good use because of the censor, these lenses are used in cameras with high quality sensors and not with horrible 2 megapixle cmos sensors now just tell me that what good is a carl zeiss lenses when the sensor is not able to capture that much details if there is any difference it is very minuscule secondly n90 has a very short battery life and costs much more than n70 apart from all the other drawbacks as mentioned by careerfreak
Old 01-24-2006, 01:27   #5 (permalink)
1ck

Member: 171091
to kartikay and your message:look here you can't expect a mobile phone to meet your needs of digital photography; did i not answer sana_sheiks question good enough for you or what? he asked :which 1 have best picture quality: so whats wrong in saying the n90 does print better quality prints than the n70, secondley i also said i've sent mine back and have opted for the n70 so does that not say to you, that me having owned a n90 i feel the n70 is a better phone? thanx