GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > SWIFT Platform

SWIFT Platform D500, D508, D510, D600, D608, D800, D820, E340, E350, E640, E730, E760, T309, T809.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2006, 05:47   #1 (permalink)

Member: 244841
Thanks Meter: 0
Quick Question about D600

Hi i have a d600 (not d600e) and was wondering what the latest firmware is for it, its unbranded.

I am also wondering if someone can tell me where i can buy the d500 cable from in Canada!! Please let me know!

Thank you

I will try to flash in OneNAND Downloader v1.7 MINI

If anyone has any tips please let me know

I also have another D600 (I think its only D600 not D600E) but its by t=mobile , i will try to unlock it also and reflash with unbranded software but may need help later, so far i have seen this forum to be VERY helpful to newbies so its nice to see a place like this

Thanks again!!
Old 03-17-2006, 15:15   #2 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 241979
Hi if you are looking for a 9 volt flashing cable for your samsung d600, then why not try ebay. I got mine from ebay. As for flashing the phone, be careful! Make sure that you use a fully charged up battery and A BRAND NEW 9 VOLT BATTERY. This process can take 90 mins +. Dont make the same mistake I made when I flashed my d600 for the first time, I didnt make sure that the 9 volt battery was connected to the cable securly and when I moved the phone with the cable attached my phone died. It must be connected securely. Here is a tutorial for you. Please note that this is not my tutorial but if you follow it to the letter, you will be ok.
Serial Cable Users
------------------
process takes around 90 min.
cOPY tHE correct d600 fLASH fOLDER tO yOUR cOMPUTER fROM tHE cd
Make sure your D600 Battery is fully charged

Connect 9v Battery to Cable, must be a brand new battery as this process takes approx 90 min, and if the battery fails you WILL kill your phone.

power off the phone with no sim inserted and connect phone to cable and cable to PC.

when flahing d600 make sure you select 1gone at the top

select correct com port.

com speed should be 115200.

select the BIN + TFS radio button.

D600 users press the BIN button and open the "D600XAEJ4.cla" file. from the d600 folder
Orange users press the BIN button and open the "D600EMYEJ3.cla" file. fom the d600 on orange folder

D600 users press the TFS button and open the "D600XAEJ4.tfs" file. from the d600 folder
Orange users press the TFS button and open the "D600XAEJ4.tfs" file. from the d600 folder

Click Start.

tap the power button on the phone when prompted. The phone should not turn on, but software will recognise the ignition.
Phone will connect, and the "Download" button will now be highlighted
click the download button and the flash will begin
Note: the entire flashing process takes approx 90 min.
Once flash has finnished, press stop
Phone successfully flashed
take out and replace battery and power on.

Also once the flashing is complete, when you poer the phone on, your imei may be all zeros. You will need to write the imei back onto the phone ( I have flashed the same d600 now 4 times and I have had to re write the imei each time). You can do this with either SUS (swift D600/600E service) or the cracked winimeiD600 which you will find a link for in this forum somewhere.
If you follow those instructiosn to the letter, Im sure you will be ok. If for some reason, you kill your phone like I did, just charge the battery up. You will need another d600 to charge it up as your phone, if dead will not be able to charge it up. Use another NEW 9 volt battery just to be careful anf start the flash again.

i hope this info helps you. If you are not sure of stuff, just post a new thread in this forum. There will be plaenty of guys willing to help you, there are some good poeple who frequent this forum
Old 03-17-2006, 15:45   #3 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

I meant to say, you must make sure that your battery on your d600 is FULLY CHARGED and use a BRAND NEW 9 VOLT battery
Old 03-18-2006, 02:19   #4 (permalink)

Member: 244841
Hey yeah i read your other post about that i am getting the USB cable froma friend in the UK so no battery needed, but gotta find those drivers for it, should be ok.

I was just wondering what the altest firmware is for the d600 i currently have these files:

D600EXDEK5-CLA
D600EXBEK4-TFS

I dont know if that for the d600 or the 600E

Im looking for the latest one since i may as well get it right up to par if im going thru the trouble

I may need a little help on writing the imei (this is the first time i have ever flash a phone, im good with pcs, just never really tried mobile phone stuff before)

Thank you for your time Colin
Old 03-30-2006, 20:32   #5 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

I havent used a usb cable to flash my phone, the cable i used was a 9 volt serial cable.
Old 03-31-2006, 22:10   #6 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 210887
hi mate you stell lookin for the drives for the USB Cable if you are here is a link

Old 03-31-2006, 22:15   #7 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 210887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain_
I may need a little help on writing the imei (this is the first time i have ever flash a phone, im good with pcs, just never really tried mobile phone stuff before

WinIMEI Help

open prog
select D600
attach 9v battery to cable
attach cable to phone
read imei settings
press on button on phone will enter tat mode
reads for 5seconds
show pass in top right corner
press Wrt IMEI button
only change last 5 digits of original phone imei(not imei in prog)
dettach cable from phone
dettach battery from phone
reattch battery and cable
now press Confirm
prog will start
press on button on phone again will enter tat mode
prog is running
keep eye on phone as the screen will go black
at this point press on button of phone again this wil happen several times
every time press on button to re enter tat mode
prog will show pass in top right corner again
dettach phone