GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > QUALCOMM Models (3G)

QUALCOMM Models (3G) SGH-Z105x, SGH-Z107x, Z110, Z130, Z140, Z300, Z320i, Z500, Z510, ZM60, ZV10, ZV30, ZX10.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 00:43   #766 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 358893
Thanks Meter: 33

Can someone post sam pictures taken with this newest F480XXHJ4 firmware, some pics taken inside and out on the day light please..thanx
Old 12-28-2008, 08:11   #767 (permalink)

Member: 881636
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ildll View Post

Hi I uploaded the multiloader 5.40 for you all. And some more if you don't mind.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:44   #768 (permalink)

Member: 827485
Thanks Meter: 5
Thumbs up Type of Multiloader

HI,this is Flipje What type of Multiloader you use?
Old 12-28-2008, 08:57   #769 (permalink)

Member: 881636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipje View Post
HI,this is Flipje What type of Multiloader you use?
5.40 for Samsung f480
Old 12-28-2008, 09:02   #770 (permalink)

Member: 827485
Thanks Meter: 5
Multiloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglersz View Post
Hi I uploaded the multiloader 5.40 for you all. And some more if you don't mind.
Thankx very much,will let you know the difference
Old 12-28-2008, 12:43   #771 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 653932
Thanks Meter: 63
multiloader makes no difference in anything nevertheless thanks man for sharing, good job!
Old 12-28-2008, 13:38   #772 (permalink)

Member: 928271
Thanks Meter: 8
F480xxhj4

The Firmware F480XXHJ4 is released

http://rapidshare.com/files/177519971/F480XXHJ4.zip
Old 12-28-2008, 16:13   #773 (permalink)

Member: 933715
Thanks Meter: 1
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestHej View Post
Hi,

After searching for ages on google, I still can't seem to find a decent tutorial on how to flash my F480. However I've had bits of help from various people and I've put this little guide together. Worked a treat with my phone. Having said that after trying this guide I accept absolutely no responsibility for your phone being dmaaged or 'bricked' in anyway.

Here's what I did:

Downloading the software:

First off you need to download the firmware you want and then Multiloader V5.33 which is the program you're going to be using to flash your phone.

Make sure you remmeber where you've put these files as you'll need to browse to them when using multiloader.

Preparing your phone:

I am assuming here that you've already installed Samsung PC Studio and it works fine with your supplied USB cable.

NOTE: Flashing your phone will delete all your contacts, calender, settings ringtones etc.

You probably want to back up all your files and contacts. I recommend syncing your contacts etc. with Samsung PC Studio and copying over your files on your phone to your memory card or PC (your memory card will not be touched).

Once that's done remove any memory card you may have and then remove the SIM card. Put you battery back in. Your phone shoul be off at this point. Hold down the 'Volume down' key (The bottom rocker button on the left side of your phone) and the camera button and press the power on button. Your phone should start up into a wierd screen with downloader v.5.32 or something and some boxes. It's now ready to be flashed.

Using Multiloader:

Open multiloader. It should look something like this without all the settings selected (The middle section should be blank!):

Ok, Morpheus originally selected the wrong option in the top box, you should select the second option from the top (MSM6275/MSM6280).

Then press the AMSS button on the left side and browse to the firmware files you want to flash (unzip/rar them as necessary). Go to the binary folder and then select amss_compressed. Do the same for Rsrc1,Rsrc2 and FSS selecting the appropiate files as shown in the above pic.

You should now be ready to flash. Connect your phone to your comp and then click download in multiloader. AT THIS POINT DO NOT TOUCH YOUR PHONE/DETATCH THE CABLE/SWITCH OFF YOUR COMP. Your phone should have a status indicator with percentages and this should be reflected in multiloader. The process should tkae about 5 minutes thgouh I'm not sure about that. Once it's done your phone will restart twice by itself. Once this is done it should start up as normal into the widgets page. It's now complete.

Congratulations on flashing your phone. You can now repalce your SIM and Memory card and set up your phone the way you like it.

Hope this helped.

Feel free to steal this tutorial/post it on another website etc., I made it in a few minutes and couldn't care less if you take credit for it.

hiya i am thinking of doing this to my phone but i am nt sure if am doin it or not..
is this necessary and wot does this all mean.. does this change widgets, menu on your phone or somthin???

am really really confused and i dont know what to do pls pls helpp me

my phone is ORANGE and am only 14 yrs old so i kept on researchin and am not sure on what to do to my phone to make it better
and last queston

will this break my phone if i made a mstake or somit?
Old 12-28-2008, 17:30   #774 (permalink)

Member: 933771
I can't see any of the screen grabs for the flashing instructions.
Could someone please send them to me?
Most appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 12-28-2008, 17:53   #775 (permalink)

Hey techn0e...

Reflashing is like reinstalling your phone operating system. Depending on where you live and who your phone carrier is, some phone providers install their own proprietary applications, feature-sets, security and restrictions on phones, thus changing them from the original state they were in when developed by the manufacturer. This is typically called 'branding'. That's why the same phone provided by O2 and Orange will have different looking icons and menus...etc.

Flashing your device basically takes it back to the way it was before your provider got their hands on it, which sometimes means you get access to applications and features that may have been blocked or removed for some reason (Please note that there are also firmwares that can flash a phone to the the specifications of service providers also).

As technology improves, updated firmware versions are released over time and added to phones on the production line. They also typically have tweaks and improvements that generally don't get retro-fitted to devices already in the hands of consumers i.e. your current phone. So if you install the newer firmware, you get the added benefit of having the newest features. So yes, there might be new widgets, improved menus and added functionality, it's not a guarantee though, but think of it as having a newer model of the same car.

One more thing: Being 14 years old doesn't make you incapable of working out problems or figuring things out. All it takes is a little determination and research.
So don't be so hard on yourself.
If you're careful and follow the directions closely, I'm sure everything will be fine.

However, if you're not sure you can do this yourself, perhaps you can hold out for a while and find someone who's already flashed their own device to help you in a more hands-on way.

I hope this helps.
Good luck, my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0e View Post
hiya i am thinking of doing this to my phone but i am nt sure if am doin it or not..
is this necessary and wot does this all mean.. does this change widgets, menu on your phone or somthin???

am really really confused and i dont know what to do pls pls helpp me

my phone is ORANGE and am only 14 yrs old so i kept on researchin and am not sure on what to do to my phone to make it better
and last queston

will this break my phone if i made a mstake or somit?
Old 12-28-2008, 18:46   #776 (permalink)

Member: 456545
Please Anyone Can Give Me This Version F480JHHG4 I Really Need It
My Phone Is Dead

Please Anyone
Old 12-29-2008, 00:05   #777 (permalink)

Okay...I found the image of the bootloader program, so that's good.
I do have 2 additional questions though.
1. Do any of the boxes that say: Boot Change/Full Download/Master Rom...etc. need to be checked?
2. Do I need to do a port search for the phone after plugging it in?
Old 12-29-2008, 00:35   #778 (permalink)

Member: 931599
Thanks Meter: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonepersonalit View Post
1. Do any of the boxes that say: Boot Change/Full Download/Master Rom...etc. need to be checked?
full download
Quote:
yes
The Following User Says Thank You to Ildll For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2008, 00:39   #779 (permalink)

Member: 931599
Thanks Meter: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahedsh View Post
Please Anyone Can Give Me This Version F480JHHG4 I Really Need It
My Phone Is Dead

Please Anyone
cannot find JH region on the firmware explanation lists... it's branded? you have to keep branded? which language u need?
Old 12-29-2008, 00:44   #780 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 3956
Sonork: galletto3 rules :D
Thanks Meter: 55
Smile

Quote:
boot change not needed (risky)

Quote:
yeah
The Following User Says Thank You to Invisible For This Useful Post: