GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Chinese Models & Cloned Phones

Chinese Models & Cloned Phones All China Phone Platforms like (MTK, Spreadtrum.. etc.) Cloned Nokia Nokla & Motorola . etc. Phones are included

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 22:08   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1148078
Thanks Meter: 1
KA09 failed to register

Guys,
Please help me. I bought a Ka09 phone on Ebay. I can see the T-mobile in the network but anytime I try to register it keeps failing. It is only in emergency.

Thanks in advance.

Dallas
The Following User Says Thank You to dallasusa1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2009, 20:20   #2 (permalink)

Member: 1149877
Thanks Meter: 4
Did you find any solution to your problem? I am facing the same issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to MontJack For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2009, 20:45   #3 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 846640
Thanks Meter: 10
Do you guys have any signal bars when the sim is inserted? Just go the wherever you get the most signal and try again. Usually these phones have these kind of problems, well at least some of them. I have a KA08 and have the very same problem as you, but when I go outside to search for signal, I get very good reception and that's when it register. Also go to the sim profile just to see if the Dual Sim is enable. Post results please.
The Following User Says Thank You to Waleco For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2009, 16:17   #4 (permalink)

I went to a good signal area and still had the same problem. I have an older sim card (+4 years), could this cause the problem? Does this phone require a newer sim card?
Old 11-06-2009, 21:58   #5 (permalink)

I contact the shipper and it seems that the phone will only work on pre-paid sim cards. I have not yet tried this, but that may explain why it will not work with my sim card now. This may the issue other people are having.
Old 11-07-2009, 22:41   #6 (permalink)

Member: 1156252
Thanks Meter: 3
I bought in ebay few weeks ago and today it was finally delivered. Same registration prob.

I get strong tmob signal. I tried registering many times but always failed. I tried tmob prepaid sim.

Other problems I noted in mine, camera flash doesn't work and windows xp computer doesn't recognize the device when connected through the USB cable.

Going to try with friend's Cingular sim on Monday.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrysT For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2009, 04:32   #7 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Was the KA09 bought from Chinasupplier8? Because I just bought 2 of those from that seller. Have you guys tried the engineer code?
Try *#3646633# and tap on Network, be careful not to tap on High Speed Sim, or you will brick your phone.
Old 11-08-2009, 19:58   #8 (permalink)

Tried with att sim and it works. My tmob sim is also more than 4 years old.

Bought from Sinedya in ebay. Approx 62 bucks. Now there are sellers who sell for 52 bucks. Contacted the seller and he/she says reset the sim. Asked how to do it and asked how to return the phone.

What does this engineer code do and how to input it? Number keys don't showup when I go to network menu.
Old 11-09-2009, 18:01   #9 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Go to the dial pad as if you were to make a phone call. And just tap the engineer code in the dial pad. This will take you inside the phone itself where you can make changes to the phones otherwise you couldn't do in the regular menu or settings, take a look at it, and explore it.
Another thing I read in this forum is that if your phone's imei ends in 11220, this is the reason why your phone don't register, take the phone to a repair shop and have them change the imei number.
Old 11-09-2009, 23:02   #10 (permalink)

Thanks Waleco. I tried playing with the engineer menu, but no luck.

I tried putting in a new att sim and it doesn't allow to make/receive call. Old att sim worked.

I tried putting new tmobile sim, initially it showed tmobile and when I attempted to call the phone, it went to emergency only. I recollect the same behavior with the old tmobile sim (only difference is I tried to make a call when it initially showed tmobile.

May be IMEI number is not recognized by tmobile.

Both imei numbers don't end with 11220 (did *#06# to find them).
Old 11-10-2009, 20:13   #11 (permalink)

Is your att sim card one that is associated with att go phone, a pre-pay plan? I contacted the seller and they said that my KA09 will onlywork with sim cards associated with prepaid plans. I haven't tried this yet, as I do not have a prepaid simcard. I am no longer under contract, however I still operate month to month plans. Was the T-mobile a prepaid sim card?
Old 11-11-2009, 15:39   #12 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

is not suppose to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontJack View Post
Is your att sim card one that is associated with att go phone, a pre-pay plan? I contacted the seller and they said that my KA09 will onlywork with sim cards associated with prepaid plans. I haven't tried this yet, as I do not have a prepaid simcard. I am no longer under contract, however I still operate month to month plans. Was the T-mobile a prepaid sim card?
This is something completely ridiculous, if it's an unlocked quadband GSM phone, it's to work with any 2g gsm sim card, any network, hell, even a prepaid phone can work with a regular sim card. Tell the seller that his statement is wrong. I guess he is telling you that so you don't complaint and he get rid of you. If you bought the phones in ebay, check the ebay page from the seller and I'm sure that you are going to find "quadband, unlock, works with any band" so if he is telling you that it only works with pre-paid plans, return the phones or open a dispute as Item Not as Described". I'm sure that his ebay page doesn't say "phones only works with pre-paid sim cards".
IF the phone don't work with the sim card, it's either the sim card or the phone, and if you had tried other sim cards with different wireless provider and it hasn't work yet, then it's the phone.
IF you get a chance to get a flash cable and change the imei number, I'm certain that most of your problem would go away. Take care guys and I hope this problem can be solved.
Old 11-11-2009, 19:11   #13 (permalink)

Waleco is correct. It should work on prepaid or regular simcards of both att and tmobile.

Just to be sure I tried it all. Tmobile sims don't work as soon as the first call is attempted (from or to, doesn't matter). Old att sims (atleast 3 years old) work fine. Newer att sims seem to work but when call is attempted (from or to), call fails.

I tried getting the flash cable and instructions so that I can put IMEI number from my existing phone but the seller is trying to run me in circles. I would rather get the instructions and do the flash myself than trying to return and get back the money.

Waleco - How do I flash it with my existing phone's sim number?
Old 11-18-2009, 15:27   #14 (permalink)

Member: 1164158
Thanks Meter: 1
I have the same problem ¬¬...

Any SIM card works, i tried to use diferent companies (from Chile, South America) but nothing happens.

Some real solution??? please!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mladd For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2009, 13:40   #15 (permalink)

Talked with tmobile unsupported devices department (engineering). They did their best and told that something is wrong with the phone. Managed to get return authorized through ebay and mailed it. Lost money on expensive international return shipping. Checked with ebay on who pays for return when the item is not as described and ebay ruled that I have to still pay for return. Overall a very frustrating experience. Stay away from ebay sellers whose return policy says buyer pays for return shipping, could be very expensive and time consuming when dealing with international sellers. Amazon is selling the original Nokia phone XpressMusic for $150.