GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported IMEI calculator Sites or Software Products > DM3 Unlocking Service

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 00:36   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 745071
Thanks Meter: 37
dm3 need to do something..

As we can see servers are being produced that are calculating bb5 codes with in 24 hours some even as quick as 2 hours, and are charging same price as u.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:50   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 538861
Sonork: 100.1578309
Thanks Meter: 117
as far as im aware dm3 have reduced their prices since these servers started popping up. what is the new price I am not sure you will need to contact them about that but I am sure it is compeitive otherwise they will be sitting at home doing nothing.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:30   #3 (permalink)
Cheater -Don't Deal with him-

Member: 490708
Sonork: 100.1587135
Thanks Meter: 569
they didnt reply if any body emailed them fo resallership.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:01   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 225100
Thanks Meter: 12
in austria they charge 15 euros for 6120, 5310, N95 8 GB... and older models 10 euros

Old 05-18-2008, 16:28   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 60001
Sonork: 100.106474
Thanks Meter: 151
ok, but is time to sell solution now i think

Old 05-18-2008, 19:48   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 745071
Thanks Meter: 37
can u give new uk price list if its changed? bb5 codes are coming along quick and cheap now.

Old 05-18-2008, 21:17   #7 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 604680
Thanks Meter: 55
Smile codes = dm3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu land View Post
can u give new uk price list if its changed? bb5 codes are coming along quick and cheap now.
thats fine sir please take notice we dont change prices couse any other sulutions ........

Old 05-19-2008, 00:27   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 115172
Thanks Meter: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdhspain View Post
thats fine sir please take notice we dont change prices couse any other sulutions ........

You mean all unlock codes that others are selling is coming from DM3 team?

Old 05-19-2008, 11:09   #9 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 604680
Thanks Meter: 55
Cool Codes = Dm3

Quote:
Originally Posted by meisam View Post
You mean all unlock codes that others are selling is coming from DM3 team?
NO SIR WE DONT SELL CODES , WE ONLY DO UNLOCK SERVICES .........

and as well we dont sell dm3 boxes ........... thx fdh dm3-team

Old 05-20-2008, 07:48   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 48886
Thanks Meter: 97
Timing is very important for DM3 now. The closest DM3 unlock centre near me is Manchester UK (over 50 miles) so driving there on a daily basis isn't a realistic solution. Again, posting phones to DM3 isn't a realistic solution because the already high price is increased by postage costs so the price to the customer is increased.

I know from years of experience that customers don't mind paying a high price for a quick service and this is where Nextgen comes in. Yes I agree that the cost to calculate unlock codes is still quite high with Nextgen, but compare the cost with the DM3 cost (including driving to a centre or posting phones) and there really isn't much of a difference in cost. After the initial flurry, Nextgen will do what they always do and reduce the cost thus making it a cheaper and easier solution than DM3.

Now here is the big worry for DM3 - you look at the phone models supported by Nextgen (the others, not BB5) and you see that the majority can now be unlocked with free tools - how long before there are free tools for unlocking BB5? You know it will happen, it's pointless sitting there thinking it won't because it's inevitable.

So, back to the timing issue. DM3 must now know that they have little time to produce a DM3 box for the masses. Still at this time they could ask a good price for DM3 box but if they leave it too late they will have a worthless solution no-one wants. I know DM3 probably don't care because they have already made huge amounts of revenue from DM3, but from a marketing point of view it would be madness not to milk the last remaining revenue from this solution.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:03   #11 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 626414
Thanks Meter: 47
The DM3 box has been used since the end of last year. The majority of unlocking/locking work done is for Corporate clients who provide large Qtys of handsets for Unlocking and most importantly Locking. Due to the large number of enquirys and where quantities permit, Service Centers have been set up to satisfy the market in certain areas over the last few weeks. The Corporate business is still being carried out by DM3 and will continue even if unlock codes become widely available and at a good price. A large proportion of the DM3 business is the locking of handsets to Networks. As DM3 is alone in this market I doubt the solution will be released as this would put them at risk of losing this type of work...

Companies who have 1000 plus handsets can still be offered a better Service by DM3 than Unlock Code solutions due to the length of time and process of producing codes.

Last edited by mojobones; 06-25-2010 at 14:51.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:25   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 48886
Thanks Meter: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojobones View Post
The DM3 box has been used since the end of last year. The majority of unlocking/locking work done is for Corporate clients who provide large Qtys of handsets for Unlocking and most importantly Locking. Due to the large number of enquirys and where quantities permit, Service Centers have been set up to satisfy the market in certain areas over the last few weeks. The Corporate business is still being carried out by DM3 and will continue even if unlock codes become widely available and at a good price. A large proportion of the DM3 business is the locking of handsets to Networks. As DM3 is alone in this market I doubt the solution will be released as this would put them at risk of losing this type of work...

Companies who have 1000 plus handsets can still be offered a better Service by DM3 than Unlock Code solutions due to the length of time and process of producing codes.
Your comments are true of paid code solutions where a server is required and several days waiting, however what about a free code solution? Do you really believe that DM3 will have any market at all when the first free code calc hits the internet? You and I both know that a free code calc is inevitable and it will happen a great deal sooner than you think. Then you have a scenario where the DM3 team are looking back and thinking 'We should have created a box for the masses earlier'. Expect the unexpected. Any business must account for any eventuality no matter how impossible it may seem. DM3 must account for the possibility of free code calcs and strike while there is still a market for their product!

Old 05-20-2008, 13:51   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 631393
Thanks Meter: 749
@*********:

I understand your argument.

In my opinion, there is no sense in trying to sell a box.

If a free code calc is around the corner, selling DM3 is not viable for these reasons:

a) Not the cheapest of all products is able to compete with free.

b) If everybody thinks a free calc will be released soon, nobody will pay a considerable investment for owning a DM3 box.

If the free code calc is NOT available soon, selling DM3 is not interesting either:

c) If we sell our box, sooner or later it will be cracked & copied. In consequence, it would be OURSELVES who support the creation of a free calc.

The conclusion is obvious: DM3 for BB5 will not be sold, it will be obsoleted. When? Who knows.

Old 05-20-2008, 14:03   #14 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 626414
Thanks Meter: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
Your comments are true of paid code solutions where a server is required and several days waiting, however what about a free code solution? Do you really believe that DM3 will have any market at all when the first free code calc hits the internet? You and I both know that a free code calc is inevitable and it will happen a great deal sooner than you think. Then you have a scenario where the DM3 team are looking back and thinking 'We should have created a box for the masses earlier'. Expect the unexpected. Any business must account for any eventuality no matter how impossible it may seem. DM3 must account for the possibility of free code calcs and strike while there is still a market for their product!
I think you missed the point of my earlier post....DM3 are LOCKING as many handsets if not more than unlocking. A free code solution will not affect their business in LOCKING handsets. However it will be affected if they release their solution to the masses.
Also if their soltion is released BB5 unlocking will become a worthless business as proved in the past when solutions have been released.
From my understanding of how BB5 works then a code calculator will be very difficult to do and one will not be seen in the near future. Anyone offering BB5 unlocking by code at the moment are using Nokia Servers or contacts within Networks to produce the codes and these holes will certainly be closed down like the UB solution was.

Old 05-22-2008, 15:06   #15 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 760349
Thanks Meter: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefreyu View Post
as far as im aware dm3 have reduced their prices since these servers started popping up. what is the new price I am not sure you will need to contact them about that but I am sure it is compeitive otherwise they will be sitting at home doing nothing.
i think u are wrong informed, prices are still same as from begining, there was no change at all.

B.R.,
DM3china