GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > PalmOS /HP and others

PalmOS /HP and others Palm, Treo, Sony CLIÉ, Tungsten, Zire, Handspring and other Palm Operating System based Devic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 17:54   #16051 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 457382
Sonork: 700p, Centro, Pre, Evo, I
Thanks Meter: 4,365
Cool EZQuote Estimator v1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by steventech View Post
Dear dudes, could any help with the following 3 very good software?

the first : EZQuote Estimator v1.2 by RangerPDA
http://software.palminfocenter.com/p...uote-Estimator
it's such a good business software that most updated and recommanded buy several palm/treo site.

Register with: AXE6-9JGH .....It's universal key
Credits to Discover
The Following User Says Thank You to kingtyce For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2009, 20:10   #16052 (permalink)

Member: 742910
Thanks Meter: 22
Thought I'd report back that I solved by GarminMobile XT problem, and so thanks to the suggestions of king and r_castro. It took a couple of hard resets to get there, since I had no backups from Resco Backup, not having had the sense to install these before. It's true--the are more thorough than the HotSync in restoring programs back to life after the hard reset, so silly me for trusting the palm software. To all those who don't have the Resco Backup installed, do so immediately--I am now a convert!

A couple of random general things to add: I have seen in several posts people complaining about the unreliability of Card Export 2, compared to Card Reader or other software. I have both, and actually prefer the Card Export for ease of use and speed. But I did have it fail on me several times, as others have, giving me an error message that said something about not recognizing a "host ID" or something like that (I haven't seen the exact message in months). Apparently the error can come, among other circumstances, if you disconnect card export before it is complete a file transfer.

If others are having the same problem, I thought I would share a quick and easy solution I found after extensive net searching. Using Resco Explorer, Tap on Control Panel on the left, then under Unsaved Preferences, do a search for any files that appear in the new window, with pusc or pusb under the heading Creator, and delete those files. Then magically, Card Export works again!

Also, while my Garmin software was not working, I did a search for alternatives, and found something neat called amazegps (www.amazegps.com) which is completely free. It sadly does not seem to have an option for palm os yet, but perhaps if they get barraged with requests, they will pull through...they seem to have new platforms being added from time to time. I installed it on my blackberry curve (8320), and I can vouch that it works great, and looks great too, especially for freeware. It doesn't use installed maps like the garmin, though, so it requires a data connection for maps, which can be both an advantage and disadvantage I guess. Still prefer my Garmin, though, so thanks again for the help, guys.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rhetor For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 01-21-2009, 20:38   #16053 (permalink)

Member: 948273
Thanks Meter: 0
I have a questions about the lingvosoft software am I suppose to sync all the files or just one?
Old 01-21-2009, 20:41   #16054 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw510 View Post
I have a questions about the lingvosoft software am I suppose to sync all the files or just one?

All files .
The Following User Says Thank You to kingtyce For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2009, 21:33   #16055 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 926677
Thanks Meter: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same2g View Post
Hello Ron
You can use GroupTextMessaging. it allows you to send 300 letters as one message and it is a freeware. You may google it or find it at mytreo.net download column.
Hi Same,

After our message I downloaded the app from mytreo.net, and also SMS No limits. And I got to tell you - please, please, (I repeat), please don't use these on a centro. It'll scare you if you do, it resetted my phone several times, and at one point it didn't restart. Anyways, at one point it gave me enough time to get to Uninstall and delete them. phwwww! It was close...

I think it happened when I was receiving a text from somebody, and when I pressed the SMS button, it just got crazy on me. I send one text, as well and it didn't add it to the sent window or to the sender chat window.

Anyways, I appreciate the help. I wellcome more suggestion if anybody can recommend anything else.

Thanks

Ron

P.S. Question - what do you Pros, and those who have used can tell me about SMSPager. I didn't see any comments on the sites that offered it, so, can you please advice.... I am affraid to try it, after that spooky moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to ron2k_1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2009, 21:52   #16056 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 926677
Thanks Meter: 146
Hi continuation from above http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/show...ostcount=16088

Never mind, SMSPager doesn't do what I want, which is to send and receive SMS with more than 160 characters on one text message.

I appreciate anyothe solution. I saw at the Palm website, that, I think it was Verizon users can log in to a website and change some number from 1 to 10 and it will allow the phone to receive and send sms with more than 160 char. But I am not a verizon user; I am not even in the US!

Thanks thou

Ron
Old 01-21-2009, 22:04   #16057 (permalink)

the program lingvosoft seems to freezes when I click on the speech button. does it not work for my phone or something?
Old 01-21-2009, 22:13   #16058 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Cool

Quote:
the program lingvosoft seems to freezes when I click on the speech button. does it not work for my phone or something?

I think it's a problem with the software....... even without the patch, if you register the trial version with a serial it freezes up.......

why not use another dictionary....... go to Beiks.com and choose a dictionary and download the patch on this thread......
Old 01-21-2009, 22:19   #16059 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 894743
Sonork: h7n 3b2
Thanks Meter: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_castro View Post
Have you played it? after a certains levels it asks to buy the payed version for the rest of the levels.

Thx anyway

"The game is priced at $13.99 USD and includes a built-in free trial so you can play a few matches before you decide if you like it or not. The GP2x version is completely free to wave the flag for my fellow homebrewers."
Old 01-21-2009, 22:34   #16060 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 719573
Thanks Meter: 12
Please help me
My computer crashed, i reinstalled a palm desk top ver 6.2 and while hot syncing my palm 650, the process froze when it came to
calender, how do i over come this problem. I was told db fix it will solve the problem, but where do i download it free
unable to use my palm, someone please help me.
Old 01-21-2009, 22:38   #16061 (permalink)

so i downloaded a truevoice dictionary English-spanish and im installing it right now now im looking for a patch but i do not know which one am i suppose to get. my fault if im asking to much question im not really good at these things.
Old 01-21-2009, 22:43   #16062 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Cool

Quote:
so i downloaded a truevoice dictionary English-spanish and im installing it right now now im looking for a patch but i do not know which one am i suppose to get. my fault if im asking to much question im not really good at these things.

Here is the patch you need.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtyce View Post
BTW......I did a cleaner patch of the beiks patch.....You can you use this patch instead of the other one..... BDicty-6.0KT.PATCH.rar (67.2 KB, 52 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kingtyce For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2009, 22:45   #16063 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivash123 View Post
Please help me
My computer crashed, i reinstalled a palm desk top ver 6.2 and while hot syncing my palm 650, the process froze when it came to
calender, how do i over come this problem. I was told db fix it will solve the problem, but where do i download it free

Try opening hotsync manager on your pc...... go to applications and uncheck datebook for now and run hotsync again......see if that helps......
Old 01-21-2009, 22:47   #16064 (permalink)

Member: 947436
Thanks Meter: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivash123 View Post
I was told db fix it will solve the problem, but where do i download it free
Just download it from the authors site and register with

User Name: kracked dude / Reg Code FP9E8

centroman
Old 01-21-2009, 22:53   #16065 (permalink)

Member: 914657
Thanks Meter: 6
regcode

Would you mind generating me a regcode for HSID: Palm Tx
Thanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtyce View Post
Here is the link..... ask and a regcode will be generated for your HSID....