GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > PalmOS /HP and others

PalmOS /HP and others Palm, Treo, Sony CLIÉ, Tungsten, Zire, Handspring and other Palm Operating System based Devic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2006, 03:44   #4216 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 363899
Thanks Meter: 38

OK! I hate to beat a dead horse but i found this at treo central :

Hi sm, After reading your post the first thing I would prabably think is your ROMTool may be the problem not Fat32. You can't add anything only subtract and the one addition that seems to take (but cause heartfailure) has a file name really close to the one you deleted. I am NOT a programmer but I would prabably uninstall ROMTool and then start fresh with a new download. May or may not work but from the get go your tool been a little different. Good Luck.

That's a definite thought. I'll give it a shot and let you know. Thanks.

Update: Handquake, just thought you should know...I'm not the patient type...just downloaded a fresh copy of Treo Tool like you suggested, and not only did I not have to drag the .dll file into it to start up the app, but, and pardon the shouting, I GOT THE FAT32 FILE TO LOAD WITHOUT SENDING MY TREO INTO A RESET LOOP. WHOOHOO!

Color me happy

Can someone please help me I even updated with sprints 1.13 updater and put the FAT32 in place of the FATFS and still got the loop I'm thinking it may be a bug in the romtool or I am not puting the tool on my computer correctly something tells me that adding any files would be a problem deleting files from ram worked great I even poted my problem at treo central as have others and no reply it's just like everyone else once they have thiers working than they dont even care about the dude having problems!!
Old 12-31-2006, 03:59   #4217 (permalink)

Member: 406669
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naikel View Post
I have a question, I have tried to use VoiceDial with my Jabra BT350 headset and it doesn't work. Do you people have made it work with a BT headset?
Limited usage with Bluetooth headsets (more info)
  • Bluetooth headsets cannot be used to initiate a voice-dialed call using Voice Dial software
  • Bluetooth headset can be used once the call has started.
Cheers,
Old 12-31-2006, 04:02   #4218 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 416935
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
Can someone please help me I even updated with sprints 1.13 updater and put the FAT32 in place of the FATFS and still got the loop I'm thinking it may be a bug in the romtool or I am not puting the tool on my computer correctly something tells me that adding any files would be a problem deleting files from ram worked great I even poted my problem at treo central as have others and no reply it's just like everyone else once they have thiers working than they dont even care about the dude having problems!!
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that your Treo is a Sprint one and not an Unlocked GSM Treo.

You should ask if anybody with a Sprint Treo here has successfully replaced FATFS with FAT32.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:02   #4219 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Is anyone familiar with this???

http://palmpowerups.com/modules.php?...ddetails&lid=8
Old 12-31-2006, 04:05   #4220 (permalink)
fnt

Member: 388808
Adam This is what I did and it works fine....

1) Started in Bootloader Mode
2) Opened ROMTool waited for the phone to connect..once connected I went to the top toolbar and checked Phone Info...
3)Rather than Download Zip+MD5 I downloaded Rom as a directory
4) after Directory was download to a file I created on my desktop I created another folder then c & p'd ALL info from folder 1 to folder 2.
5)Folder 2 is where I performed my editting.... I removed FATFS from folder 2 and replaced it with FAT32... once replaced I then went back to Romtool and pointed the Rom Source to folder 2.
6) Uploaded
7) Rebooted
8)Checked info on Palm ..FAT32 now in ROM
9) Inserted 4gb SD Card
10) Checked Card Info and it said... 1.7 gb used of 3.7 gb
Good To Go..

Here is the FAT32 Zip That I used

Code:
http://www.damnsatellites.ws/damnfiles/850474
Old 12-31-2006, 04:36   #4221 (permalink)
No Life Poster

And you put me as the palm expert man thanks i did that before and it didnt work it worked great
Hey doesnt that tool kinda remind you of flashin an STB
Anyway I've been tryin to get that damn file in my damn t650 for over a damn week now Your the man!!!
Old 12-31-2006, 05:09   #4222 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 383736
Thanks Meter: 9
Quote:
I even poted my problem at treo central as have others and no reply it's just like everyone else once they have thiers working than they dont even care about the dude having problems!!
I stopped replying after you called me a lyer and a jerkoff.

Quote:
And you put me as the palm expert man thanks i did that before and it didnt work it worked great
Hey doesnt that tool kinda remind you of flashin an STB
Anyway I've been tryin to get that damn file in my damn t650 for over a damn week now Your the man!!!
This looks like you got it working.. Good Job.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:14   #4223 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Sorry I was having a tough time on top of being frustrated by this FAT32 File and was only asking someone to take the time to step tut on how they did it just as FNT just did and as a result of his kindness and time spent i was able to FINALY get it
Thanx again FNT
Old 12-31-2006, 05:38   #4224 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I asked this a while back can someone hook it up!
Heres the demo
Attached Files
File Type: rar Karateka_Demo.rar (29.5 KB, 164 views)
File Type: zip KaratekaI.zip (34.4 KB, 203 views)
Old 12-31-2006, 05:40   #4225 (permalink)

Member: 409501
For those of you that dont know how to use the Romtool,
Here is a custom rom I made using shadowmites "Romtool", using these instructionshttp://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=97527

This Rom is made For a Sprint Treo 650 ONLY.

I added Fat32(So I can use 4gb/8gb SDHC Cards)SlotDriver and SmartTextEngine were also added to make this work. Regular Sd Cards WILL still be compatible.

I've removed Versamail,Realplayer,Quicktour,World Clock,GetBc,and all Languages other than English.

TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I followed these directions and had no problems. Please read over the directions I followed in the link at the top of the page before you do this so you know exactly what is being done.

This is what you need to do with the folders i've posted below.

Rom Update Instructions

You must have a SD card reader/writer for your computer!

1) Insert your SD card into the card reader
2) Change the name of your palm folder if present to "bak" or anything other than palm
3) Copy the "palm" and "rom" folders inside the zip file onto the root directory of your card
4) IMPORTANT!!! Plug your device into the charger first. Hot sync if you haven't already. Remember, at the end of this, you'll have to hard reset your device, so you will lose everything on it.
5) When you put the card in the SD slot, it should default to the "Card" applications menu.
6) Tap the CDMAFirmware app. It will have one button, be sure to plug in and press it.
7) The process will take awhile, when done it will say sucess and the phone may turn off. Turn it on and press the home key once.
8) Tap the ROMUpdater app. It will take you to a screen with a lot of text.
9) Type "rev cvt2" (no quotes). Hit the return key.
10) Type "ace" (no quotes). Hit the return key.
11) After the flash is complete, it will say, "PLEASE HARD RESET YOUR DEVICE". Here's how you do it:
  • Remove the battery cover and use the stylus to do a pin reset, located on the left side of the battery.
  • Quickly look at the LCD. You will see a bar moving from left to right. Before it reaches about midpoint on the bottom of the screen, press and hold down the RED phone button until you see the Palm logo.
  • When you see the Palm logo (the moving bar is gone), release the RED phone button. You will be prompted to press the up button to erase all of your data. Please do so.

12) Follow the steps to recalibrate your touch screen.
13) Re-sync your data and turn on your radio by pressing and holding the red phone button.
14) Please delete the new folders you added and rename your palm folder back.

These Instructions were provided by Shadowmite.

Files needed:

Megaupload
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C9D7NRA9
Or
Rapidshare
http://rapidshare.com/files/9607836/...eo650.rar.html

If your sms dont work add the file below to ram via HotSync
Attached Files
File Type: rar SmartTextEngine_Device.rar (30.5 KB, 292 views)

Last edited by burn a blunt; 12-31-2006 at 18:14.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:10   #4226 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 416935
Quote:
I asked this a while back can someone hook it up!
Heres the demo
I think they never finished that demo/product.

Anyway I think that port *****. I play Karateka using Frodo (C64 emulator) and have the whole game like I used to play it in a Commodore 64.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:52   #4227 (permalink)

Member: 399430
Excellent work guys!
Old 12-31-2006, 07:00   #4228 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 383736
Thanks Meter: 9
10 a=0
20 a=a+1
30 print a
40 goto 20

Anyone know if Marble Madness is available for palm?

Last edited by BlindDude; 12-31-2006 at 07:11.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:43   #4229 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 345869
Little program you have I think weekview?

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/weekview.htm

Thanks
Old 12-31-2006, 07:59   #4230 (permalink)

Member: 293504
Is there something out there that will allow me to print via Wifi, InfraRed, or Blue tooth. I looked into Printboy but you need to also install drivers for the printer you are going to print things on. So if I travel I am not going to know what printers are going to be at the locations I want to print to. All I'm looking for is something that will print to anything without too much drivers for printer etc...........

Plus I've not seen anything here in past posts.....