GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 09:50   #406 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 26812
Thanks Meter: 3

iphone 3gs no light?
Old 01-04-2010, 21:36   #407 (permalink)

Member: 1200580
Thanks Meter: 0
iPhone 3G crashes, logic board problem

Hello!

I replaced the battery in my iPhone 3G, and now it crashes like crazy, even after restore to virgin Apple firmware. Different battery didn't help, so I swapped the logic board into another phone and same problem, so it's definitely a problem with the logic board. Seem to crash whenever I do something that uses extra power, like wifi, bluetooth, gps, etc... So I think the voltage is dropping.

Any suggestions how I can diagnose this problem? Where is the voltage regulation taking place?

I couldn't see any visible damage, and I was very careful when I replaced the battery, but the phone was working perfectly before I opened it... Any ideas are welcome. Thanks!!
Old 01-05-2010, 19:46   #408 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 705400
Thanks Meter: 9
Iphone 3g network problem

Hi,my i phone 3g work fine in gsm network but in 3g sometimes it show 3g signal but i can't phone, and sometimes it show me "no network".Wich parts i should rehot?
Old 01-06-2010, 06:20   #409 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1157279
Thanks Meter: 7
how can I repair the I-phone 8gb model nnmber A1241.The screen shows cracking white! I don't know how to open it! Please, help me to know the disassembly manual and send me the solution urgently! With great honour for all members!
Old 01-06-2010, 07:06   #410 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 149305
Sonork: 100.1612778
Thanks Meter: 804
I have a 2g 8gb it has signal problem in the open place work fine but in the room or factory area not woking. in the same place other iphone working fine. pls help me if some one can
regards
Old 01-06-2010, 16:09   #411 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 36698
Thanks Meter: 4
Exclamation Only turns on with charger connected!!

Hello guys,

I have a very particular situation. I have a iPhone that only turns on (but don't start at all) with the charger connected. I've changed for a new one and its the same thing. And better than that, I've changed his mother-board, for another one. Well, this mother-board in another chassis(and everything new) doesn't work either without charger connected, and a good board on the chassis of damaged iPhone worked fine! So, I concluded that the problem is on Board!

With charger, iPhone turn on, apears the Apple logo but nothing else, he doesn't really starts. And I'm sure it isn't a SW or FW problem. It is for sure a HW problem.

Anyone have an idea of what could be the problem?

Regards,

SoSimple
Old 01-06-2010, 22:02   #412 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 99827
Thanks Meter: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSimple View Post
Hello guys,

I have a very particular situation. I have a iPhone that only turns on (but don't start at all) with the charger connected. I've changed for a new one and its the same thing. And better than that, I've changed his mother-board, for another one. Well, this mother-board in another chassis(and everything new) doesn't work either without charger connected, and a good board on the chassis of damaged iPhone worked fine! So, I concluded that the problem is on Board!

With charger, iPhone turn on, apears the Apple logo but nothing else, he doesn't really starts. And I'm sure it isn't a SW or FW problem. It is for sure a HW problem.

Anyone have an idea of what could be the problem?

Regards,

SoSimple
You said, iPhone so i admit that it's a first gen.

Here's your fix:

Thanks button would be enough for me

Cheers,
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mad Scientist For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 01-06-2010, 23:25   #413 (permalink)

Member: 1202370
hi! i have a chinese iphone and i want to change the language to swedish. How can i do it? if anybody help me with that.
Old 01-06-2010, 23:27   #414 (permalink)

Member: 1202370
hi.. how can u connect the chinese iphone to pc? because it doesen't work with itunes.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:15   #415 (permalink)

Member: 1196835
Red face 2g iphone woes

Recently aquired a 2g 8gb iphone with 3.12 firmware unlocked and not jailbroke. So the first thing I did was to run blackra1n,then used bootneuter to unlock and everything went fine. Got a prepaid Tmobile SIM card to try the phone out. No problem, could send and receive calls. Happy Camper! The I noticed that the phone number that I got was not a local exchange. I got on an online chat with Tmobile to change my number to a local exchange and in a few minutes my number was changed. I again tested to see if I could send and receive calls, everything was fine. Real happy camper...........Until just after midnight I went to make a call. I had three bars of service, I placed the call....CAll Failed!!! Then searching for signal, followed by No Service. A reboot of the phone would bring service back. I tried calling the iphone. This would cause the iphone to go to searching for signal, then no service. Explained my problem to the agent on the online chat, she tried several things same result. She seems to think it was a signal problem????? She claimed all the settings were correct. She suggested I try the SIM card in another phone, which I did and it worked fine. I have restored the phone,ran blackra1n, bootnueter again, same result. But now I have addtional problem the WIFI is greyed out!!! No network reset or reset all settings will bring it back!! I believed the WIFI chip might have overheated with all of the searching for signal. I ran Irecovery and tried "Radio readnvram" and did not get a responce back. Any ideas?? Anybody!!! This phone was working perfect, NOTHING was done between working and not. Did not even download an App or use one!!!! I open to any and all ideas at this point!!!!
Old 01-08-2010, 01:57   #416 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 201316
Thanks Meter: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_farhaz View Post
i have i phone 2g and its some part of touchplate not working then what i have to do please halp me..........
change touch.........................................
Old 01-08-2010, 02:08   #417 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 201316
Thanks Meter: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by irangsm View Post
iphone 3gs no light?
may be this can help you.......................
Old 01-08-2010, 15:38   #418 (permalink)

Member: 898839
my iphone have mic problem... have u any manuel...
Old 01-08-2010, 20:26   #419 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 36698
Thanks Meter: 4
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
You said, iPhone so i admit that it's a first gen.

Here's your fix:

Thanks button would be enough for me

Cheers,
Thank you very much Mad Scientist, but the iPhone is really a 3G! Do you have solution for it too?

Regards,

SoSimple
The Following User Says Thank You to SoSimple For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 16:05   #420 (permalink)

Member: 1147956
Sonork: manzoorhunzai
Thanks Meter: 1
iphon 3g INSERT SIM PROBLEM solutione????????????????????plz/plz