GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > QUALCOMM Models (3G)

QUALCOMM Models (3G) SGH-Z105x, SGH-Z107x, Z110, Z130, Z140, Z300, Z320i, Z500, Z510, ZM60, ZV10, ZV30, ZX10.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 06:49   #1366 (permalink)

Member: 1042057
Thanks Meter: 0

I live in the us and I think my current verson is the f488 version and I dont know the specific prefix afterwards (the little xx that everyon always puts). But does anyone have a link to where I could download the latest firmware version for use in the US? and does this firmware update include the newer touch wiz interface?
Old 06-05-2009, 08:40   #1367 (permalink)

Member: 1046258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarnia View Post
Sorry but couldn't find the edit button... anyways
Nevermind it has all been fixed. Turns out that flashing from the Australian Telstra firmware to a different one makes the LCD screen not work. So I've flashed back and all is well
How did you get back to the boot menu? i have a similar problem and i can't go back to the boot menu with the buttons i used in the first place.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:59   #1368 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 727518
Sonork: 100:1588024
Thanks Meter: 502
thanks alots bro WestHej.i m succesfully flash f480...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestHej View Post
Hi,

After searching for ages on google, I still can't seem to find a decent tutorial on how to flash my F480. However I've had bits of help from various people and I've put this little guide together. Worked a treat with my phone. Having said that after trying this guide I accept absolutely no responsibility for your phone being dmaaged or 'bricked' in anyway.

Here's what I did:

Downloading the software:

First off you need to download the firmware you want and then Multiloader V5.33 which is the program you're going to be using to flash your phone.

Make sure you remmeber where you've put these files as you'll need to browse to them when using multiloader.

Preparing your phone:

I am assuming here that you've already installed Samsung PC Studio and it works fine with your supplied USB cable.

NOTE: Flashing your phone will delete all your contacts, calender, settings ringtones etc.

You probably want to back up all your files and contacts. I recommend syncing your contacts etc. with Samsung PC Studio and copying over your files on your phone to your memory card or PC (your memory card will not be touched).

Once that's done remove any memory card you may have and then remove the SIM card. Put you battery back in. Your phone shoul be off at this point. Hold down the 'Volume down' key (The bottom rocker button on the left side of your phone) and the camera button and press the power on button. Your phone should start up into a wierd screen with downloader v.5.32 or something and some boxes. It's now ready to be flashed.

Using Multiloader:

Open multiloader. It should look something like this without all the settings selected (The middle section should be blank!):

Ok, Morpheus originally selected the wrong option in the top box, you should select the second option from the top (MSM6275/MSM6280).

Then press the AMSS button on the left side and browse to the firmware files you want to flash (unzip/rar them as necessary). Go to the binary folder and then select amss_compressed. Do the same for Rsrc1,Rsrc2 and FSS selecting the appropiate files as shown in the above pic.

You should now be ready to flash. Connect your phone to your comp and then click download in multiloader. AT THIS POINT DO NOT TOUCH YOUR PHONE/DETATCH THE CABLE/SWITCH OFF YOUR COMP. Your phone should have a status indicator with percentages and this should be reflected in multiloader. The process should tkae about 5 minutes thgouh I'm not sure about that. Once it's done your phone will restart twice by itself. Once this is done it should start up as normal into the widgets page. It's now complete.

Congratulations on flashing your phone. You can now repalce your SIM and Memory card and set up your phone the way you like it.

Hope this helped.

Feel free to steal this tutorial/post it on another website etc., I made it in a few minutes and couldn't care less if you take credit for it.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:07   #1369 (permalink)

Member: 986253
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeviance View Post
How did you get back to the boot menu? i have a similar problem and i can't go back to the boot menu with the buttons i used in the first place.
Because the LCD screen was dead, when I pushed the 3 buttons that we had to, I assumed that it went into download mode,connected it to the computer and used the multiloader. If you click "Port Search" in the multiloader and it comes up "ready" then you should be fine.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:11   #1370 (permalink)
Ec0

Member: 996864
Is it possible to have pink version (FXEIB1) with black & white menu (hugo boss) but still being able to change fonts?
Old 06-09-2009, 00:05   #1371 (permalink)

Member: 933715
Thanks Meter: 1
hello can anyone tell me or give the newest Firmware this JUNE 09 Europeean version.. thanks alot
its been month since i last flashed my phone
Old 06-11-2009, 18:44   #1372 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 938611
Thanks Meter: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0e View Post
hello can anyone tell me or give the newest Firmware this JUNE 09 Europeean version.. thanks alot
its been month since i last flashed my phone
Got April 2009 Firmware
Available on Samsung Flash Wiki

It is available as either normal or with the Pink

Click Here

Hope you like
Thanks
Old 06-12-2009, 14:25   #1373 (permalink)

Member: 1051308
Hi Itaylor06,

I saw your messgae to technOe in the above thread for the latest firmware for the Tocco. I click on link and it took me to the following to download - F480XEID1. Please Please can you tell me - 1. What is new with this software 2. Does it fix any bugs the other ones have? 3. Has anyone tried and tested this and has it got english on it. Thank you
Old 06-12-2009, 16:40   #1374 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by riosteele View Post
Hi Itaylor06,

I saw your messgae to technOe in the above thread for the latest firmware for the Tocco. I click on link and it took me to the following to download - F480XEID1. Please Please can you tell me - 1. What is new with this software 2. Does it fix any bugs the other ones have? 3. Has anyone tried and tested this and has it got english on it. Thank you
Hi there riosteele

I haven't tested the firmware yet sorry, but I can tell you that it does have English, both XX and XE versions both have English included also German, French and Spanish in most cases

If anyone has tried out this firmware, please mention anything you notice in a reply
Old 06-12-2009, 16:54   #1375 (permalink)

Hi Itaylor06,

Thank you for your reply. Which firmware have you used which is most reliable for this phone. Dont want the issues i have had before. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Rio
Old 06-12-2009, 16:58   #1376 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by riosteele View Post
Hi Itaylor06,

Thank you for your reply. Which firmware have you used which is most reliable for this phone. Dont want the issues i have had before. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Rio
Hi again

A member just posted on my forum that there is no difference with the firmware, so its basically the same as previous ones like F480XEIB1.
He has came across a problem with the browser however - when he presses back it says end of history (however this is usually fixed by turning the phone off and back on).
I'm using F48FXEIB1 at the moment, and its been ok *touch wood*. There has been one slight problem with online widgets however - they all turned pink and into alarm clocks and are now 'Untitled'.
Best off giving the latest version a go, and if it doesn't work well, you can always downgrade to a previous firmware
Old 06-12-2009, 17:55   #1377 (permalink)

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06 View Post
Hi again

A member just posted on my forum that there is no difference with the firmware, so its basically the same as previous ones like F480XEIB1.
He has came across a problem with the browser however - when he presses back it says end of history (however this is usually fixed by turning the phone off and back on).
I'm using F48FXEIB1 at the moment, and its been ok *touch wood*. There has been one slight problem with online widgets however - they all turned pink and into alarm clocks and are now 'Untitled'.
Best off giving the latest version a go, and if it doesn't work well, you can always downgrade to a previous firmware

Thanks again for the advice. I will try it out and see. All i am really after is a firmware old or new that will make the mobile work just fine without call drops and freezing.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:09   #1378 (permalink)

Hi all, as you can see from the above I have been looking for a good firmware which is reliable for the F480 Tocco. My first Tocco had terrible signal, froze all the time and the only way to resolve was to keep taking the battery out. I sent it back and complained to the phone company which sells these on pay as you go. Mine was on O2. They then sent me out the second Tocco with the firmware F480XXHL3.

I know the above HL3 is around December 2008 firmware however it is great. I have NO problems with it. Nothing freezes, camera is good enough. So if you are looking for a firmware which WORKS then from my experience use the HL3 software.
Old 06-16-2009, 15:01   #1379 (permalink)

Member: 862727
Thanks Meter: 2
F480XEID1 flashed and working fine on my Tocco...
Old 06-17-2009, 16:26   #1380 (permalink)

Member: 933715
Thanks Meter: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06 View Post
Got April 2009 Firmware
Available on Samsung Flash Wiki

It is available as either normal or with the Pink

Click Here

Hope you like
Thanks
hiya ermm thanks very much for that but ermm
wen i click on that site it says unavailable :S and idk how i cud dowload it cuz it doesnt have any link or somit... cnt u just put a direct link here of that new frimware.. thnksssss alooott