GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > HTC > HTC Hardware Repair

HTC Hardware Repair HTC Hardware repair, tutorials, help, solutions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 08:20   #46 (permalink)

Member: 1873149
Thanks Meter: 0

My Htc one x is woking but the screen does not come on.if u call the phone it rings and vibrates normally, But u cant answer the phone call. because there is no back light.
Havent u come across such a problem with HTC one X,and how did u sought out this problem.Is it a software or a Hardware problem.I would appreciate if someone can help.I do like this phone.
Old 02-09-2013, 00:28   #47 (permalink)

Member: 1766201
Thanks Meter: 6
This is doing my head in, i have 5 HTC One X/XL phones here at the moment, i can confirm 3 had working back light before screen replacement, 2 i could not, but ALL 5 of them once replacement screen installed, have no backlight or very low backlight, cannot adjust the brightness and flicker, i cannot understand how 5 of them; the coils can die in at the same time as repair, especially as 3 were working fine, but just cracked glass..... Has anyone else encountered this issue on a large scale? Is there something im doing wrong during the repair, im not knocking anything, the plates dont get removed and often i test before putting it all back together and i swear the first time each screen is installed its working fine... atleast until i put the phone together again.
The Following User Says Thank You to itzenterprises For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2013, 07:02   #48 (permalink)

Ive tried different new screens, second hand screens, the original screens, all present the same issue, ive tried updating software, factory restores, confirming connector is secure and the coil has continuity. PLEASE any advise?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itzenterprises For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2013, 14:27   #49 (permalink)

Well we have resolved our issue, despite it not seeming logical. The 3 HTC One X's we had were a coil issue, replacing the coil with one from an iPhone 3GS got all 3 working. As for teh HTC One XL's its a different Story, after a lot of research we turned up to the fact that there are TWO types of screens, one manufactured by Sharp and the other by Sony, the sharp screens ONLY work on the One X and do not seem to function on the one XL's correctly, thats where you need a Sony Screen, which from reports works fine on the one X.

Heres the two models, you can confirm which one your One X/XL uses from the code on the screens ribbon.

60H00664-01P SONY VERSION
60H00667-00M SHARP VERSION.

Hope that helps someone
Old 02-21-2013, 21:13   #50 (permalink)

Member: 1887964
what causes the issue above?

is it the way its put back together or taken apart?

if a customer sent there phone in and the above were to happen who's fault would it be?

if the repairer wasnt comfortable changing the bits you have mention above, do you reckon the customer should still be charged for replacing the screen?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:46   #51 (permalink)

Hey Mate, In our case we could only presume that a certain batch of screens we got shorted the coil out, the batch we received also had a difference in color on the screens, we since have ensure we only source original screens, this issue hasent accured since.
Certainly it can be in the way the phone is dissasembled or reassembled, but you can only presume it was done carefully. One mistake i used to make (because it was easier) was using a metal spludger rather than a plastic one, ive sinced learned to use a plastic spludger as often as possible to ensure i dont damage or short anything.
If you are certain the backlight was functioning beforehand, and only since replacing the screen has stopped functioning, personally as a professional business we would attempt a repair to keep our customers happy (which happened above). To ensure you save face it might be a good idea to find someone locally who can do the repair, it only requires basic reflows skills and a replacement a coil to solve. Once again this is both personal opinion/the way to ensure you are professional, but if we couldnt give the phone back in 100% working condition, we would not charge the customer, but also keep the screen (and in cases years ago when we started; atleast provide them details of someone who could solve the problem) but thats just me.
The only other option you have which i cant claim to never have done is to explain to the customer that most screens break from a drop, and the drop may have damaged other components, which the procedure may have dislodged a component completely causing the backlight to cease functioning, once again though id point them in the right direction to get it fixed, but with many years doing this now have the right skills to solve these issues, it all comes with experiance.. and a little trial and error, it just ***** when its with someone elses device.

Hope that help somewhat
Old 02-22-2013, 11:19   #52 (permalink)

Member: 1887964
hi thanks for the reply,

you have been very helpful, i understand that these things go wrong sometimes, its all par for the course it happens,

i'm just really annoyed with how the company repairing the phone has behaved in such an unprofessional manor.

the backlight was definately working fine as i proceeded to use the phone still for 4 days after the event, and it was pefectly fine apart from the cracks in the glass.

i now have the phone back, without the back light working and the qaulity of the repair is unbelievably shocking, here are some pictures

Old 02-23-2013, 07:29   #53 (permalink)

Member: 351869
touch screen and black display solved its hard ware fault
Old 02-23-2013, 07:31   #54 (permalink)

Member: 351869
check the colil and inductors 100% solved 2 pieces
The Following User Says Thank You to rizwan 656 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2013, 08:21   #55 (permalink)

Hi sx_turbo,

Thats terrible, I would never let a unit leave like that (let alone the backlight issue) or if it starting lifting after you got it back, you have every right to take it back to be repaired correctly. The backlight issue is 50/50 but you have no doubt about returning it to get reinstalled.
Laws vary in every country, here in Australia it protects to consumer a fair bit against shoddy workmanship. But i would presume under most countries laws you would have the right to have it returned and repaired.
Othewise wether they are being stubborn or you dont trust them, maybe find a different repairer, to replace the coil and reinstall the screen.
Its not fun spending more money than you should, but sometimes its better just to cut your losses and get it done correctly.

On a side note where are you from?
Old 02-25-2013, 03:48   #56 (permalink)

Member: 1794389
has anyone tryed using the 2r2 or the 6r8 on the HOX US version?
Old 03-01-2013, 03:29   #57 (permalink)

Member: 1878540
hi everyone

i read all the thread, and i still believe that the driver led ic is responssible for backlight when not working. I had the same problem, and reheated the ic, and for 1-2 seconds, i got backlights back again, so, if it was that 220 burned coil, i would never get back the backlight, only by reheated the ic, not even for 1 secons. Can anyone tell me please, where i can get this ic?? thank you all.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:24   #58 (permalink)

Member: 1776142
Thanks Meter: 4
I confirm that there are two different version of the screens, sharp and Sony. Just like itzenterprises said. I have been only using the right screen for each model and I haven't had this problem happening again. Thanks for pointing this out itzenterprises.

P.s. are you located in Sydney itzenterprises?
Old 03-03-2013, 05:53   #59 (permalink)

Hey Mate,

We are based in Geelong, Victoria, about an hour from Melbourne
Old 03-10-2013, 22:08   #60 (permalink)

Member: 1878540
The 220 coil has approx. 1.3 ohms if it`s good, any less value than this, means it has a SC inside and should be replaced, like Mobile Fix Simple and many of you said. It worked for me too.
Now...i got this kind of problems...HTC One X screen artifacts - YouTube