GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Bluetooth > Bluetooth-Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2006, 22:38   #91 (permalink)

Member: 359606
Thanks Meter: 0

Where exactly do you put in the VID/PID within the btwsub.inf file? Do you replace all instances of the VID/PID with the one from before I started this whole process?
Old 09-28-2006, 23:42   #92 (permalink)

Member: 309290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jago94 View Post
Where exactly do you put in the VID/PID within the btwsub.inf file? Do you replace all instances of the VID/PID with the one from before I started this whole process?
Please check the last post on page 2 of this thread, the reply from int03h about how to check your specific VID/PID.

But I believe that if you use Zonly's version (page 5 of this thread, first post) you shouldn't need to play with modifying the btwsub.inf because he/she has already included every hardware to date.
Old 05-08-2007, 17:10   #93 (permalink)

Member: 502890
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonly1 View Post
Hi guys, i have created this unbranded version of 5.0.1.1400. It's not branded to ANYCOM anymore (like .1200 was). It has a modified inf so works with all dongles that worked with .1200. And pre-patched so no need for the patcher or going to safe mode. just uninstall your existing software if any, reboot then install. after that update the drivers in device manager with the ones from the rar file. It's works great for me, i tested it with Nokia N70, bluetooth mouse & motorola hs810 headset. I think all the services are there but not sure if they are different than what was originally with the anycom branded version, can someone check for that?

thought someone would like an unbranded version.

http://rapidshare.de/files/18683118/....1400.rar.html
Hi, I know it's a bit late for that, but could anyone wich still has it, upload this version to me?
Old 06-23-2007, 12:27   #94 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 39048
so is there a final solution to stop the annoying ANYCOM USB pop up appearing every few minutes?
Old 07-31-2007, 17:06   #95 (permalink)

Member: 557802
Quote:
Originally Posted by adisor19 View Post
Hello everyone,

I have managed to obtain a heavily customised version of Widcomm 5.0.1.1400 from ANYCOM. The reason i mention it's heavilly customised, it's cause the btwusb.inf file included only has support for their USB dongles. Everything else has been stripped out so in order for it to work with other dongles, just replace the VID and PID in there with the one from your own dongle and it should then work. I might also suggest to just use the btwusb.inf files from the previous .1200 release but i don't guarantee it will work ok..

I have tested the license.dat that Phantasm had made for the .1200 version and it does not work. It complains that we can't use a licence file that was designed for a previous version of Widcomm so unless he can make us another version for .1400, WinXP x86 64bit users are out of luck

I then used the Widcomm V2 patcher that is mentioned in one of the previous threads and to my surprise, IT WORKS ! There is just one slight problem in that the little bluetooth icon that normally apears in the system tray is nowhere to be found. However, if one goes into "my bluetooth places" everything's there and working fine.

Why i think this release is important : beacause it seems it's the only one that works with the new Plantronics 590 Pulsar headset as described here :

http://bluetoothbob.atspace.com/Puls...WithAnycom.htm

Here are the official fixes compared to previous 4.0.1.xxxx version as posted on the ANYCOM support forums :

- Support for A2DP Profile as SNK
- Support for A2DP Profile on Windows 98SE/ME
- Support for Basic Printing Profile
- Support for Windows XP x64 edition
- Local PC can now be used as Bluetooth print server
- Enhanced security

Oh, and here's the link :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z2KWUOFF

Enjoy

Adi
I came back here to inform that this exact post has my Jabra A320s bluetooth adapter working in Vista Business.
I downloaded the exact version mentioned in the link above. Installed it. Did NOT do the patcher as for some reason, all worked well with the 5.0.1.1400 drivers.

Pretty interesting (lame) to me that Jabra doesn't have vista support on their site for this adaptor.

So... thanks adisor19 for taking the time to post. And for all other Vista users with Jabra adaptor, here's one confirmed working solution.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:09   #96 (permalink)
feb

Member: 641444
Hello,
I 've done step by step what phantasm4489 adviced. And i've got the error message : this installation package is not taken in charge by this kind of processor. My PC is a dell latitude D620. Could someone please help me ?
Old 12-01-2007, 02:37   #97 (permalink)
feb

Member: 641444
In fact, i have no more this problem. But i have another question. If the bluetooth module of my PC doesn't support the A2DP profil, it's not possible to upgrade the module instead of using a bluetooth USB key ?
Many thanks
Old 12-03-2007, 22:37   #98 (permalink)

Member: 46369
its highly unlikely that the d620 built-in bluetooth module would not support a2dp at the hci hardware version level. It is a relatively new machine and if it is broadcom bases then version up to 5.1.0.1300 should load if configured well. It must only be the case of bluetooth stack support (which I think dell uses the toshiba stack but not sure)..
Old 05-15-2008, 15:28   #99 (permalink)

Member: 353568
i am trieing to install my aiptek bt dongle since a few weeks without getting it working.
i tried many diffrent drivers and followed many howtos from this forum but all with the same result.
the device gets installed and has the name i entert in the .ini file. but the icon in the device manager still has this yellow "!". in the details of the device manager i can see a massage like "could not start device" (i have a german system so i don't know the exact message).
all com-ports and bt-audio and this things are installed correctly. the bt-icon in the system tray stays always blue and red.

i tried to update my xp to sp3. but still the same result

please help me.