GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones Hardware Repair Area > Hardware Equipments for GSM

Hardware Equipments for GSM All about Hardware Instruments and equipments like Soldering Stations, Hardware Tools, Oscilloscopes , Frequency Counters ..ext.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2007, 17:53   #46 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 22893
Sonork: 100.1607086
Thanks Meter: 131

@yashtel
Good techniques indeed
Old 12-30-2007, 19:08   #47 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 247232
Thanks Meter: 17
measure without oscilloscope? you must be joking! how can you test if the 32khz crystal is working? how can you measure if the VTXO 26 MHZ crstal is working?without a oscilloscope!!!new NOKIA BB5 use 38 MHZ! BTW VTXO means Volatge Control Temperature compensensation osillator! Wat you talking is about impedance measurement! those who know basic of electronic understand it! RED probe put to ground is call reverse impedance! formula solution??? don joke... post here if you know what is sleepclk, sleepx PURX! C-bus, D-bus etc!
Old 12-31-2007, 14:29   #48 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 23587
Thanks Meter: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small_boy View Post
measure without oscilloscope? you must be joking! how can you test if the 32khz crystal is working? how can you measure if the VTXO 26 MHZ crstal is working?without a oscilloscope!!!new NOKIA BB5 use 38 MHZ! BTW VTXO means Volatge Control Temperature compensensation osillator! Wat you talking is about impedance measurement! those who know basic of electronic understand it! RED probe put to ground is call reverse impedance! formula solution??? don joke... post here if you know what is sleepclk, sleepx PURX! C-bus, D-bus etc!
Small_boy,
(1) Oscilloscope is an expensive instrument and not everyone can afford to buy it.
(2) Even if one can afford it and buy it, it can not be helpful in all types of faults.
(3) The thread here, shows a very useful way of finding faults though spmeone like you find it to be a very crude method, but still it is a basic method. Agreed that Like any other method, this method can also not be complete in itself, still it is a very very helpfum method. This I can say from my more than 33 years of experience n the field of repairing various electronics items.
(4) TO your surprise, may be, I would go even a step further and narrate more cruder methods of fault findings, (it may not appeal your mind though!!) , but it is a fact that before taking up any equipment or tool to start fault finding, we may first make use of our senses of seeing (looking for missing parts, broken/damaged tracks etc.), touching (feeling the temp.of suspected parts), smelling (for suspecting burnt parts). Now if this basic and instinctive age old methods of Fault Finding do not look appealing to a modern Hi-Fi Engineer like you, nobody can help it, my friend.
People in our country particularly of our age can never think of needing any device like a Calculator for calculating 10 % of any amount, whereas many people (youngsters as well as elder persons) working in commercial establishments in highly developed and so called Hi-Fi countries cannot do the same calculation without a calculator at their command!!! What can anyone say about it, my friend? What I am trying to tell you is that many basic methods are still very helpful, though they may not be 100 % effective in each and every situation.
(5) It seems you are agrieved for some other reasons, may be! This I write because I don't understand why you raise questions like "post here if you know what is sleepclk, sleepx PURX! C-bus, D-bus etc!" ? Why do you need to challenge anybody or his knowledge in this forum? We may have different opinions on any subject, but why use this Nice forum for fighting? Why not you contribute something ? May be you will answer to your own questions here, if you don't mind please ?
No matter, whether you contribute or not, please don't discourage others who are trying to share their own knowledge and experience unless you find the posts misguiding or likely to cause any damage ......please ......
BEING POLITE HELPS !!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2007, 14:48   #49 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Small_boy,
Please don't get me wrong. I know and respect you that you have posted some very useful info on difficult subjects like using Hot Air Gun Safely in your theread at http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=480072
and also some other posts by you in the forum. I really appreciate you for it and want to say "Thank You!!" for your nice contributions here.

No ill-feelings my friend, but please do post about what is sleepclk, sleepx PURX! C-bus, D-bus etc. ? I am asking for it not because i want to test you but because I really want to increase my knowledge, my dear friend!
The Following User Says Thank You to 1amigo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2007, 21:40   #50 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Apology for if my previous post if is offendsive, very bad mood yesterday! I don mean to start any fight!

Anyway sleepclk is a square wave from pow IC to CPU for real time clock! Your 32 KHZ crstal will vibrate at 32KHZ sinewave, pass into POW IC which will amplify and turn into SQUAREWAVE and go into CPU. IF the frequency is not 32 KHZ, your time in your phone will not be accurate( eg , slower time compare to real time)!

Sleepx is a control signal from CPU to POW IC, it go into sleep mode if not active, CPU set sleepx=0V, It will disable your power IC and only turn on voltage needed! EG, CPU Voltage, Flash Voltage etc.

PURX is a signal to prevent the CPU from run in the initial power on state as the Voltage has not stablize!

If you can't measure Sleepclk =32 KHZ squarewave and PURX =1.8V and sleepx=1.8V. it's hardware problem! flashing does not help!

Hope it help you!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Small_boy For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 01-01-2008, 07:52   #51 (permalink)
No Life Poster

You liven up to my Expectations, a big Thanks !

Don't worry about your bad mood now, since it is a thing of the past!
It is ok, it happens with so many of us, particularly with outspoken persons like me and you, we speak out something in a rather crude way by which we actually don't mean to hurt anyone but still we do it. May be it is a side effect of our reaction. Anyway, no issues now !

Thanks Smart_boy for another very useful post.

Yes, it will help me and also to so many other fellow forum members.
Anything about C-bus, D-Bus etc....if they exist please ??!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !
Old 01-01-2008, 09:33   #52 (permalink)
Freak Poster

D-bus is consist 4 line, en, dat , clk and reset! use by CPU to control pow ic power! shut of power not require!( during tx or rx )
it also do reset power ic watch dog (30 sec off). i read a lot in this forum, once people have 30 sec off problem they are advise to change POW ic! that is not quite true! ESP water damage phone, the D-bus from the CPU might be corroded or damage! so your Pow ic cannot be reset by the bus! You should measure the point for, short to ground and no signal! if not short to ground and signal, no point to change pow ic! it will still shut down in 30 sec!

C_bus is to control the DAC and ADC by the CPU!

Last edited by Small_boy; 01-01-2008 at 09:42.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Small_boy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2008, 11:23   #53 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Small_boy,
Thank you very much for your useful post.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:56   #54 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 170589
Thanks Meter: 1,848
Mr Small_boy your problems regarding frequency and crystal will be post soon
Old 01-02-2008, 09:16   #55 (permalink)

Member: 468185
Thanks Meter: 0
Good Work Yashtel , want to learn more from you, can u take online class for members
Old 01-02-2008, 09:22   #56 (permalink)

Member: 468185
Thanks Meter: 0
which the best way to learn mobile repair
Old 01-02-2008, 13:29   #57 (permalink)
Freak Poster

when you apply DC voltage across a crsytal, it will vibrate at a specify frequency! from wat i know a crstal is open circuit even it is good!wat you can do is measure the output of the power ic if there is voltage or resistance! i wondering how you can measure if the crsytal is good or not without a scope! even if there is a resistance for the crsytal you still cannot confirm if it is vibrating at the correct frequency , using a 20M scope and cost only about S$350! another method is to transfer the crstal to another good board!

Another thing i wan to put across is if you can measure without a scope, then why there is a scope in the first place!
The Following User Says Thank You to Small_boy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2008, 07:52   #58 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 15903
Sonork: 100.1583162
Thanks Meter: 1,046
@ Small_boy 1amigo yashtel ,

very nice and healthier discussion now going on ...
thanks to 3
waiting to read more useful tricks with common test equipments than HiFi tools
as yash said the reverse impidence in se sets mic pad is just900 ohms aoround and that when polarity is reversed is 1400
is correct and helping common people

with regards,
NEIL
Old 10-09-2008, 19:04   #59 (permalink)

Member: 165088
Thanks Meter: 3
how cn i cheack ic is short pleas know me with picture any bady talking with measure but no bady display any picture because my engkish is not good of u pleas ans me with picture or diograme thanks 4 good knowledge
Old 10-09-2008, 21:36   #60 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 218793
Thanks Meter: 29
thx yeshtel ur tipe is help full work fine i m using this tipe since 10th years but its not a right way Small_boy is profeshnal person and i agery whith if we talkiing about right way so scop is the right way anyway thx 4 all