GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2023, 13:16   #6646 (permalink)

Member: 3032233
Thanks Meter: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavies View Post
I don't necessarily have exact answers for you but it's a common issue in the 12 that if it doesn't see the ear speaker flex that the screen is stuck on dim. It's essentially a software bug.

I had one I couldn't get out of that mode until I ran across a post somewhere that if you change the display zoom it snaps out of it. (settings->display & brightness ->display zoom) Was stunned when it worked! So worth a try.

Given all you've done, your issue may be something more. Maybe try a new ear speaker flex..

Hey Eldavies,
Thank you for your quick reply. I tried it out straight away and, lo and behold, the display can be adjusted normally again. After a restart, however, it is dark again. Did you manage to make the state permanent?
Old 02-17-2023, 21:22   #6647 (permalink)

Member: 2474430
Thanks Meter: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple_hobbyist View Post
Hey Eldavies,
Thank you for your quick reply. I tried it out straight away and, lo and behold, the display can be adjusted normally again. After a restart, however, it is dark again. Did you manage to make the state permanent?
As I said, try a new ear flex. Also of course make sure the connector is clean & not damaged. You'd lose Face ID unless you move over the flood illuminator but at least you'd know you have a handle on the cause.

I'll bet if you test the ambient light sensor right now it's not working...

New tools exist for creating a flex that's properly programmed, if you don't do soldering.

Last edited by eldavies; 02-17-2023 at 21:29.
Old 03-06-2023, 09:40   #6648 (permalink)

Member: 3032134
Ear speaker not working on call in iphone 12

Ear speaker not working on call in iphone 12.
loud speaker is working fine..
Old 03-13-2023, 20:11   #6649 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 72939
Thanks Meter: 30
clean earpiece with alcohol and toothbrush , **** across with canned air
Old 05-04-2023, 10:48   #6650 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 310418
Thanks Meter: 13
battery iphone xr change/problem

hello, i have a problem with battery for iphone xr,
can i use JCID to change serial number of battery and iphone will not shown unktown hardware ?
Old 05-04-2023, 17:07   #6651 (permalink)

Member: 2987051
Hi all, I downloaded some kind of call tracking app and my phone started getting really hot. I uninstalled the apps, but the problem remained. What could be the problem?
Old 05-10-2023, 21:04   #6652 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1285970
Thanks Meter: 5
do you have tools for bypass iphone 6
Old 05-31-2023, 09:00   #6653 (permalink)

Member: 3039483
Hi, I got an iPhone Xs which is badly damaged but it seems to be working in general.
But the battery has been accidentally connected to the button flex cable connector once, and it unfortunatly fits the connector. Now the buttons aren't working and the device reboots every few minutes. Even in powered off condition, a laboratory PSU shows astable/switchting consumption between 0 and 10 mA, or between 10 and 12 mA. I think it's floating. Maybe R4310 or C4310 are damaged? Or the input of the IC?
Booting up is still possible using a Lightning cable.
I have to look under the microscope but R4310 seem to be missing at all (or it's extremely small). Is it a pullup/pulldown resistor? Should have 100 ohms as far as I can tell from manual.

I just try to do data recovery but it is nearly impossible with the frequent reboots. So I'd be fine with the button/trigger being completely out of order; the device won't get repaired. That means, just removing components would be OK, as well as adding temporary bypasses. But I don't know where to start.

Thx in adv

Last edited by thenicnic; 05-31-2023 at 09:05.
Old 06-01-2023, 00:49   #6654 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenicnic View Post
Hi, I got an iPhone Xs which is badly damaged but it seems to be working in general.
But the battery has been accidentally connected to the button flex cable connector once, and it unfortunatly fits the connector. Now the buttons aren't working and the device reboots every few minutes. Even in powered off condition, a laboratory PSU shows astable/switchting consumption between 0 and 10 mA, or between 10 and 12 mA. I think it's floating. Maybe R4310 or C4310 are damaged? Or the input of the IC?
Booting up is still possible using a Lightning cable.
I have to look under the microscope but R4310 seem to be missing at all (or it's extremely small). Is it a pullup/pulldown resistor? Should have 100 ohms as far as I can tell from manual.

I just try to do data recovery but it is nearly impossible with the frequent reboots. So I'd be fine with the button/trigger being completely out of order; the device won't get repaired. That means, just removing components would be OK, as well as adding temporary bypasses. But I don't know where to start.

Thx in adv
If the phone doesn't see the home button flex it will reboot at exactly three minutes. Watchdog timer. So step one is to buy a completely new flex and just plug it in. No need to fully install. Same is true with the USB charge flex, might be worth plugging in a known good OEM APPLE flex. Or pop the board into another housing if you have one.

R4310 is critical to actually press the button however it shouldn't be the cause of the reboot, if missing it would simply act like the power button isn't pressable.

Ive found the only somewhat workable tactic for data recovery if it's insistent on rebooting every three minutes is through icloud sync. Make sure icloud size is big enough, it has access to wifi, and just let it loop. Maybe others have better tactics...

It's gonna have 2-3 minutes each reboot - not enough to upload the large video files but decent chance of getting most of the other stuff - eventually.
Old 06-11-2023, 10:18   #6655 (permalink)

Member: 3039483
Hi eldavies, thank you very much for your helpful explanation!
Do you have a pinout of the power button flex, or with other words, can I test it using a multimeter?
My colleague says that it already did these auto-reboots before the power connector mistake was made but we aren't sure.
It reboots right after 3 mins / 180 sec so exactly the watchdog timeout.
But how does the iPhone detects the cable? I am sure that a component on the board has died.
Great tip with iCloud though!
Old 06-11-2023, 22:34   #6656 (permalink)

This is the diode readings of the connector on the board. Multimeter in diode mode- plus to ground, minus to the signal.

No clue how to test the flex itself--truly the first thing to try is a new button flex. They aren't expensive and it's always necessary to use known good parts.

repeating: a bad charging flex can also cause a 3 minute reboot.

https://postlmg.cc/3yp3BFTn
Old 06-16-2023, 10:13   #6657 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1097251
Sonork: monk
Thanks Meter: 13
jailbreak unlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob-tech View Post
hi sir i am new to apple iphone
i have a iphone 2g that is network lock is there anyway to settle this problem?
thanks for ur help

use windows 7, jailbreak via GeoHot's tool and unlock sim.. FREE
Old 07-13-2023, 12:08   #6658 (permalink)

Member: 2990621
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobitech servic View Post
u can post ur problems here
sir, can you say how to fix iphone green color error with 120Hz
Old 07-23-2023, 02:22   #6659 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1705433
Sonork: kali
Thanks Meter: 45
its related to display flex problem, you should replace flex cable of display for white screen or green screen paroblem, some jumper solution also available but jumper is not permanent solution.
Old 08-21-2023, 10:41   #6660 (permalink)

Member: 2971939
iphone 8 is heating right below its camera